The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Preview pana doesn't preview (Win7)

Rawfa

Hi,

I've recently started using Windows 7 and when I open an explorer window where all my photos are I can enable the "preview pane" function, which splits the window in 2 and should display the photo in one side and the file name in the other side while I browse through. The problem I'm having is that on the preview pane all I see is a generic drawing of a landscape instead of the photo (like if it was a format windows cannot read...which is not, it's plain jpeg). Is anyone else experiencing this? It's really annoying.

N

nei1

Ive heard and read that its not a good upgrade because of compatability problems.You should buy a new computer that comes set up with windows 7 or stick with what youve got...... So ......."they"........... say

Rawfa

That sounds like a computer salesman's advice hahaha.
A costumer walks into a computer store.
Clerk - "How may I help you, sir?"
Costumer - "I've installed Windows 7 on my computer and the preview pane doesn't actually preview jpegs. How can I fix it?"
Clerk - "It's easy. Buy another computer"
Hahaha :)

Seriously, now. I've installed a freeware application called "preview config" that allows you to enable the preview, but you cannot select what application will be used. In my case it has chosen windows media player and I'm trying to change it because the preview's quality is really poor.