The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Version 5 Released

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If you have a V3 on your comptuer that's not an issue at all. Even with V4 it's not an issue as long as you rename the apps. C1 V4 and C1 V5 are simply named "Capture One". So an installation of V5 would overwrite/replace V4 (maybe this is the reason for the trouble mentioned above). But if you rename (V4-) "Capture One" to "Capture One 4" the V5 version will not overwrite V4. I am currently running V3.7.8, V4.8.3 and V5.0 on the same machine, the same drive/folder and the same OS. No trouble at all.
Thomas, after renaming the main app folder do you delete or rename all the subfolders?

RGoldman

I was able to download V5 and activate it without doing anything else. It does appear that is my last free upgrade and I have 0 activations left. V5 seems MUCH faster that V4.7 that I was running yesterday.
I still have V4.7 on my computer and am not sure if I should uninstall it. Anyone know if that will cause problems?

Ron

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Has anyone tried "live preview" with P65+ of P40+ ?
Not working for me, it's greyed out with my P65.
"Live Preview for P 65+ and P 40+ requires a Digital Back firmware update, which enables Live Preview support."

- from the read me notes

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The dust/spot removal doesn't work. P1 support told me it was removed in the final release... though the tool is present.
A real pitty, it worked really great in the Beta, but apparently we have to wait for a fix.
Thomas, please elaborate because it seems to be working (Windows XP machine here).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Spot tool is NOT working for Mac -- it's there and you can circle a spot or spots, but then you can't do anything else like remove it...

thomas

Thomas, after renaming the main app folder do you delete or rename all the subfolders?
easier. I don't pull the app icon to the applications folder... I first pull it on the desktop, rename it to "Capture One V5" and then move it to the applications folder.

thomas

Thomas, please elaborate because it seems to be working (Windows XP machine here).
in 100% view... so really?
This would be very weird. Well but at least I am glad for you that there are 2 features now on Windows that are not present on Mac. Pays back for the non customizable toolbar on Windows. Funny as I don't need the toolbar at all. But I'm jealous regarding the customizable shortcuts for zoom in/out on Windows :)

thomas

too, I can't import LCC setting from other sessions. This is a show stopper as I use lens presets based on LCC all the time :angry:

R

RHP

"Live Preview for P 65+ and P 40+ requires a Digital Back firmware update, which enables Live Preview support."

- from the read me notes
Mmmm....... I had ver 4.5 firmware and re installed it again ..... still no joy.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very simple installation although I was going from 4Pro to 5Pro.

The tool for the spot removal activates, but it's beyond me how to make it actually work.

I do like the option to reduce the image a bit within the viewing pane so that crop handles don't get confused by the panel border. And the vignette seems to work rather well.

My first try with the vignette:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's a dust removal tool not a spot removal tool. It only does sensor spots. If you put it on a object it only reduces it a small amount. Not a cloning tool like CS4 . It reads the area around it and removes the dust like a healing brush

thomas

It's a dust removal tool not a spot removal tool. It only does sensor spots. If you put it on a object it only reduces it a small amount. Not a cloning tool like CS4 . It reads the area around it and removes the dust like a healing brush
care to share a screenshot before/after? On my machine it does exactly nothing. In the Beta it worked very good.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Here Thomas you can see the dust circled by red than I hit the removal tool and it is gone. I processed it and it is not there

thomas

Here Thomas you can see the dust circled by red than I hit the removal tool and it is gone. I processed it and it is not there
okay, thanks a lot for that! Indeed it is working as long as the spot is on a uniform background color; so they changed the actual settings or the sensitivity or so.
Unbelievable that the support told me it was removed :thumbdown:
But I'm glad it's working.
Jack... on your machine, too?

Thanks again!