The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Version 5 Released

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
too, I can't import LCC setting from other sessions. This is a show stopper as I use lens presets based on LCC all the time :angry:
Thomas at the bottom of the drop down I have < Old Profiles > and all my ver. 4 LCCs are there. Again, Windows machine.

thomas

Thomas at the bottom of the drop down I have < Old Profiles > and all my ver. 4 LCCs are there. Again, Windows machine.
I spent half an hour this evening to re-create my LCC presets as the new LCC based light falloff is simply great. But I even can't import the V5 LCC files... nor the (newly saved) lens presets (those that include LCC settings) :(

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
okay, thanks a lot for that! Indeed it is working as long as the spot is on a uniform background color; so they changed the actual settings or the sensitivity or so.
Unbelievable that the support told me it was removed :thumbdown:
But I'm glad it's working.
Jack... on your machine, too?

Thanks again!
More like a healing brush if you ask me it wants a uniform color

thomas

I spent half an hour this evening to re-create my LCC presets as the new LCC based light falloff is simply great. But I even can't import the V5 LCC files... nor the (newly saved) lens presets (those that include LCC settings) :(
okay... the presets are working. I first tryed to apply LCC settings of a P21+ to files of another P21+... due to the different serials of the two backs they don't apply. However the import-dialog doesn't work. So the workaround would be to store all LCC settings as lens presets...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I get it. DUST is working, but the SPOT tool we had in the beta that worked like the Adobe healing brush is not activated yet. Moreover, the "dust" you are trying to remove needs to be actual dust as it appears sharp detail will not get hit.

cmb_

This is how it looks on my machine. All the old LCCs are in the Old Profiles submenu. However, there is some slight strange behavior. One time when I clicked on it, it only showed 4 of the profiles, not all. Seems to be working OK now.

Is this what you are seeking?

View attachment 24229

thomas

This is how it looks on my machine. All the old LCCs are in the Old Profiles submenu. However, there is some slight strange behavior. One time when I clicked on it, it only showed 4 of the profiles, not all. Seems to be working OK now.
Is this what you are seeking?
not quite. There are the lens presets (attachment 1)... these presets work okay.
In the LCC pulldown menu there is as well the command "import" (attachement 2). With the import you can actually locate LCC settings in the settings folder of other sessions so that you can apply certain LCCs that are not stored as presets (those you don't need that often or so...). This import is what I am referring to and that is not working here...

thomas

Okay, I get it. DUST is working, but the SPOT tool we had in the beta that worked like the Adobe healing brush is not activated yet. Moreover, the "dust" you are trying to remove needs to be actual dust as it appears sharp detail will not get hit.
exactly :)

etrigan63

Can CO5 open multi-layer TIFF files? My guess is no. I was trying to open a 1.1GB 9-layer TIFF and it wouldn't give me a thumbnail or anything. Other than that, it works very well and quickly. It even reads the D3S NEFs I brought home from PhotoPlus (as D3 files).

Anyone else struggling with v5? I downloaded and it launched, but that is it. When I move sliders the histogram changes but the image does not. I uninstalled with App Cleaner, doing a secure delete (writes 0 over the removed data) and am downloading another copy hoping that the first file was bad.

Edit: FWIW I also have the LR3 beta installed. Any chance it did something to my raws so C1 couldn't open them?

Last edited:
I still had some images on a card and uploaded them to a new folder after I reloaded C1. Every image generates an error that reads "Thumbnail generation failed."

Camera: Sony A900
Computer: Old MacBook, 2 ghz C2D, 4G RAM

Any ideas? Leaving on a trip in a couple days. Was hoping to test out C1 on the trip.

PoloDigital

Phase One get's a big FAIL from me. I purchased C1 Pro exactly 30 days ago to go with my P45 back and was just informed that I will have to pay an additional $99 to upgrade to V5. Given this polite brush off:

PhaseOne Support said:
Scott,
We reduced the Price of the PRO version of our software by $100 at the beginning of the year. As a result of that price change from $499 to $399 we did not include upgrades with the software. As such, if you would like to upgrade to Capture One 5 you will now need to purchase the upgrade for $99. This is why your Product Key for Capture One PRO did not come with any upgrades, this was also noted at the time of your purchase (that no upgrades were sold with the product).
If you could please let me know who at Digtial Transitions incorrectly informed you of your free upgrade I would be happy to contact them to ensure they have the correct information for future customers.

Kind Regards,
Phase One Support
Nice job. Anyone wonder how much of my business they will get in the future?

Christopher

Well you are right, I thought the difference between C1 5.0 DB and Pro was a lot smaller than it actually is.

Did you buy it from Phase or through an dealer ? If so I really would pressure him. He knew exactly that c1 5.0 was due and should at least have told you so.

GrahamWelland

Phase One get's a big FAIL from me. I purchased C1 Pro exactly 30 days ago to go with my P45 back and was just informed that I will have to pay an additional $99 to upgrade to V5. Given this polite brush off:

Nice job. Anyone wonder how much of my business they will get in the future?
I very nearly had this experience too. I purchased C1 Pro from Amazon at the beginning of October but was away when it arrived. Luckily I heard about the pending v5 and lack of information about free upgrades for new purchases, plus had not opened the package yet. I sent it back to Amazon for refund. I think I was lucky. :thumbdown:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not sure here, but.... If you are shooting a P back, I am pretty sure you get C1-5 DB for free just by using the back's serial number, right? If so, then all you miss by not paying the $99 upgrade are the new C1-5 features for OTHER supported cameras. So the real question is do you need/want it for another camera?

Peter Klein

Here's an interesting upgrade issue. The press release I got off Dpreview says:
Existing Capture One 4 PRO customers can upgrade to Capture One 5 PRO for 99 USD and 69 EUR. Existing Capture One 4 customers can upgrade to Capture One 5 PRO for 299 USD and 229 EUR.

...and the release notes Jack posted seem to confirm this

BUT folks on the LUF (l-camera-forum) are saying that if you got v. 3.x with your M8 and upgraded to v. 4 for free, you are not entitled to the $299 upgrade from v. 4 to v. 5 Pro. The Phase One website won't accept your serial number. So you have to pay the full price of U.S. $399. Which makes a brand new copy of Lightroom $100 cheaper than upgrading.

I hope this is a mistake. If it isn't, it leaves a very bad taste, and Lightroom becomes, possibly, a more attractive option for M8 users. We shall see.

--Peter

thomas

I am pretty sure you get C1-5 DB for free just by using the back's serial number, right?
not even the serial. You just click "DB mode" in the activation window and it's running. But only with digibacks (Phase/Leaf).
C1/C1-DB/C1-Pro is actually the same software/installer. Through the key (or no key for DB) the respective version is activated.
So if you use a digital back only the DB version is the same as Pro - or in other words: DB is the free "Pro" version for digiback users (has always been free and for sure will continue to be free).