The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Version 5 Released

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
After waiting for the v5 to actually buy C1, i just DL the file in order to check out compatibility issues etc. before ordering.

Installation's fine, but it looks like there're no more camera profiles available? Did i miss something or is the Pro (DSLR) version not available fo trial?

Some Nikon users in this thread, maybe they can help...
My version of C1-5 shows all the Nikon profiles. See example screen:

mtomalty

Edit: FWIW I also have the LR3 beta installed. Any chance it did something to my raws so C1 couldn't open them?
Bill,
Not likely but, maybe, CapOne looked at your LR3 beta files
and said, "Wow. How'd they do that ?"

:>))

Mark

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
My version of C1-5 shows all the Nikon profiles. See example screen:
... is your version delivered with sample pond shots as well?

:ROTFL: :eek:

... Thanks Tim - maybe it's the trial version then, in that case it certainly doesn't help a comfortable buying decision. Or i missed something when installing, but i wonder what.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
i had "TIFF 'something'...", wanted to check but since the all thing was useless without profiles i already uninstalled it. After seeing your screen capture, i just downloaded again and... profiles are back. Mystery... thanks for giving me perseverance.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Phase One get's a big FAIL from me. I purchased C1 Pro exactly 30 days ago to go with my P45 back and was just informed that I will have to pay an additional $99 to upgrade to V5. Given this polite brush off:

Nice job. Anyone wonder how much of my business they will get in the future?
Scott

I did the same thing.. 30days ago purchased the C1Pro upgrade from the M8 C1 free Lite Version. First they double charged me and it took 14 calls and emails to correct. Then I asked why I had no upgrades available after I paid $300 to go to Pro. They told me they would get back to me on it. Then I asked why they couldn t give me a free upgrade as its only 30days and they caused me to waste a lot of time correcting their errors. I never got a response.

They totally don t get it. :wtf:

D

dmcnickle

I was more than a little disappointed with Phase One over the upgrade to CO5 Pro. I purchased CO4 Pro less than 30 days ago. I paid full price ($399). Now I have to pay $99 to upgrade to CO5 Pro. If I had know that CO5 was coming out so soon after I bought CO4, I would have waited. I got a polite "too bad, so sad" email response when I asked about a free upgrade since my initial purchase was less than 30 days ago.

I had no problems upgrading from 4 to 5. A hundred bucks? Kind of a drag considering I gave them 45k in June, but this stuff costs money and in the greater scheme of things the LCC Light Fall Off correction alone is worth a hundred bucks to me. I think I'm going to be quite pleased with the upgrade... as I was with 4.

thomas

the LCC Light Fall Off correction alone is worth a hundred bucks to me.
100% agreed! And the focus tool another $50 :) okay, we had the focus tool in V3 but it was not so smart as the new one.
I'm a V3 user and didn't pay for any upgrade by now (I think I still have one or two). But I wouldn't hesitate to pay as this piece of software - though still incomplete for me personally - all in all is really worth the money.

KETCH ROSSI

Are there good tutorials for new users of C1 5Pro? Love off the back the UI and the quality of image output with just few simple clicks when compared to other I was using and just sold :) and s I said in an other thread, can't believe it tucked me this long to switch!! Now I like to learn its ins and outs as best I can, and some great Video Tutorials would be magic :D

Links please.... Any one?

S

selsoe

Are there good tutorials for new users of C1 5Pro? Love off the back the UI and the quality of image output with just few simple clicks when compared to other I was using and just sold :) and s I said in an other thread, can't believe it tucked me this long to switch!! Now I like to learn its ins and outs as best I can, and some great Video Tutorials would be magic :D

Links please.... Any one?
http://www.phaseone.com/Software/Capture-One-5-Pro/Pro-Tutorials.aspx :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Oh . I thought it was a sale of 299.00 . Yea i would not be happy than. Call your dealer and give them the riot act. Now it is not necessarily the dealers fault also since I know they did not know about pricing until fairly recently. Not that i am sticking up for them or Phase but something you should be aware of. But for the same money spent you would think you should get Version 5 for free.

This may seem like a dumb question, but isn't C1-5 for intel MACs (and PCs of course)? I bring it up since you mention you're working with an "old MacBook".
His specs say "C2D" which means "core 2 duo" which is an intel chip. Good thinking though; C1 5 is only supported on Intel chips.

After waiting for the v5 to actually buy C1, i just DL the file in order to check out compatibility issues etc. before ordering.

Installation's fine, but it looks like there're no more camera profiles available? Did i miss something or is the Pro (DSLR) version not available fo trial?

Some Nikon users in this thread, maybe they can help...
You can trial it, but note that there is a pull down menu in the "Try [Capture One] for 30 days" which needs to be selected and changed to "Try [Capture One Pro] for 30 days".

The Phase One tutorials are a good start. Capture Integration will be having online training (real-time interactive screen sharing) starting in about a month.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Anyone who was thinking about purchasing C1 Pro in the last month from us (note: we are a dealer for Phase One, not Phase One itself) was told that a new version was coming and that we were unsure if Phase would offer a grace period for free upgrades and that they should hold off if at all possible.

That's all we, as a dealer, could do.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Since there seemed to be some confusion.

Anyone can use every single feature of Capture One on digital back files from Phase One, and the current lineup of Leaf and Mamiya digital backs for free without any registration, license, activation, or other work. Simply select "Use Capture One DB" (which stands for Digital Back) in the license options.

You don't need to own a back or have a serial number (important in case you want to have an assistant work on some files on their computer for instance).

It has always been free. It always will be free.

Only those users wishing to use Capture One with dSLR/Leica/P+S files need to worry about licenses.

Anyone who was thinking about purchasing C1 Pro in the last month from us (note: we are a dealer for Phase One, not Phase One itself) was told that a new version was coming and that we were unsure if Phase would offer a grace period for free upgrades and that they should hold off if at all possible.

That's all we, as a dealer, could do.
And thank you many times over for that. I just wish I could get C1 5 to work.

KETCH ROSSI

I must say that I'm very surprise at the really low quality of Video Training clips on P1's site, I know that as a Pro FilmMaker using the latest and highest quality Cinema cameras, I come to expect the very best in Motion Image quality, but I find this tiny low quality clips annoying at best, and I almost never venture in to Youtube, so a definite NONO on P1's part.

Truly looking forward to Capture Integration's Training lessons Doug, please bring them on :)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hey everyone. There is SO MUCH to talk about with the new version that I'm curious whats on YOUR mind? That will help me prioritize my own blogging/articles/training.