The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Big Bad Bug in C1 5 Pro?

Henry Goh

Earlier today, I attended a talk by Ulf in Singapore on C1 5 and the 645DF camera. It was an enjoyable session.

However, just now when I was toying around with C1 % Pro on my PC with my P1 645AF everything was working fine and well until about 3/4 hours later I found that every shot showed up blur on my screen. I tried AF, MF smaller apertures, wide open and every shot was blur. Then I decided to run the file through C1 4.8.3 and guess what, every file was tack sharp. Somehow C1 5 Pro broke and rendered the file blur. Perhaps it stopped rendering because usually you would see a fast blur preview and then it would render sharp but when this strange thing happened, I could not see any change from the moment the preview appeared so I'm guessing it did not rendered further.

Anyone noticed this kind of behavior yet?

thomas

Somehow C1 5 Pro broke and rendered the file blur.?
check the proof profile and set it to "selected output profile".
With CMYK - or in general with table based profiles - set as output or proof profile C1 is getting slower and slower with every new file in the browser.
It was already the same in V4.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Whats your previews set too Henry. Higher the number the longer it takes to render the screen preview

Henry Goh

No both guesses are incorrect. I solved this by trashing the COL50 file and relaunching C1. Now it renders correctly again.

Hope this will help other if it happens to them.,

thomas

No both guesses are incorrect. I solved this by trashing the COL50 file and relaunching C1. Now it renders correctly again.
Hope this will help other if it happens to them.
yes, if nothing else helps trashing the preferences and the default session mostly is the way to go.

Guy Mancuso

Great news Henry. One other thing of note when pulling from old files i have been dumping the old capture one cache from it and dumping it. This way it comes in with a fresh start. Not sure it helps but figured it maybe the best way to bring in the old stuff without 4.5 stuff attached to it.

Henry Goh

BTW Guy, I was told I can only have my 645DF in Qtr 1 2010. Did you managed to hear what the schedule will be like for US customers? LS lens 80mm Nov, 55mm Dec, 110mm Jan 2010.

Guy Mancuso

I may get mine in early December fingers crossed and that is not soon enough for me. Seriously have no patience waiting for it. But i am not first in line either so we may see some sooner.

KETCH ROSSI

For a moment I got scared here :)

I just got read of every app including Aperture and Light Room, and all the various Plug ins, and now have Photoshop CS4 and C1 5 Pro, I love the UI and the results right off the back are just simply in an other dimension all together, and I'm talking just by bringing in existing Raw files in to the App, and play a bit with it, I just can't believe that tucked me this long to move to C1.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I may get mine in early December fingers crossed and that is not soon enough for me. Seriously have no patience waiting for it. But i am not first in line either so we may see some sooner.
Ha, I'm the Head of Technical Services for a major dealer and I only got 2 days with it this week.

Shot tethered for 3 hours though with only one glitch (pre-release firmware is never perfect) and the focus (even with pre-release firmware) was a huge step up from the Phase One AF, especially as concerns low light focusing.

No shutter lag* and improved UI were also welcome improvements.

Very excited.

*Every system has shutter lag (by definition) but the DF felt the same as a Hasselblad H3, an area where previous Mamiya bodies lagged behind the H or Contax.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe

Guy Mancuso

Now your really killing my patience Doug. Your not supposed to tell me this stuff. LOL

Seriously sound great and you know I can't wait to get my greasy paws on it.

Earlier today, I attended a talk by Ulf in Singapore on C1 5 and the 645DF camera. It was an enjoyable session.

However, just now when I was toying around with C1 % Pro on my PC with my P1 645AF everything was working fine and well until about 3/4 hours later I found that every shot showed up blur on my screen. I tried AF, MF smaller apertures, wide open and every shot was blur. Then I decided to run the file through C1 4.8.3 and guess what, every file was tack sharp. Somehow C1 5 Pro broke and rendered the file blur. Perhaps it stopped rendering because usually you would see a fast blur preview and then it would render sharp but when this strange thing happened, I could not see any change from the moment the preview appeared so I'm guessing it did not rendered further.

Anyone noticed this kind of behavior yet?
I'm having the same problem. I've dumped COL50 and every other preference file I can find. Uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the software probably a half dozen times. Still doesn't work. I was getting decent results with 4.8.3, but the fact that I can't get 5.0 to work, and may not get it resolved before the trial expires may be enough to switch to Lightroom. The fact that this is v5 of the software and it still has the same issues with weird preference files and being virtually impossible to completely uninstall it concern me a lot. We all put up with its issues because of the exceptional image quality, but LR3 is closer than I expected.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Historically, there are always a few cases where an overwrite install doesn't work -- probably because of a conflict with other software. So the recommended fix is nuke every existing C1 app folder and file on your system and do a 100% fresh install. You can nuke them by re-naming so you can access them later if desired. Otherwise you can save your settings for styles and menus, and reload them. Every C1 issue I've ever had has been resolved by a fresh install. Note also the hardware recos for C1 5, and make sure your system is adequate...

So the recommended fix is nuke every existing C1 app folder and file on your system and do a 100% fresh install.
Jack, can you list what all those files are?
So far I have:
anything .cop
com.phaseone.captureone.LSSharedFileList.plist 

com.phaseone.captureone.plist 

Capture One.col45 .col50, .cof, .cos

/Library/Application Support/Capture One

Applications/Capture One.app.

I meet all the minimum system requirements.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bill,

The only other one is in User>yourname>Library>Application Support>CaptureOne

Bill,

The only other one is in User>yourname>Library>Application Support>CaptureOne
Got that too, still no luck. Running a Macbook, 2g C2D, 4g ram, 320g 7200 rpm drive.

I have to say I'm stumped. Guy offered to walk me through it and I may take him up on it next week.

Here is an example of the error message:
Description: Cannot generate thumbnail from proxy file: too few color profiles
File: /Users/billgreen/Desktop/temp_dcim/October 31 2009 11-40-16 AM/CaptureOne/Cache/Proxies/_DSC0988.ARW.cop
Domain: com.phaseone.captureone
Code: 23

I get the same results with .arw, .dng, .crw, .cr2 files.

Last edited: