The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

iQ difference btw C1 V4 vs V5?

francishmt

For those of u already upgraded to C1 version 5, did you notice significant improvements in IQ or colour rendering when compared to V4? Just wondering if its worth it if there is little IQ improvement.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
IMO, there has been a distinct improvement in sharpening.
The skin tone color adjustment feature as well as the focus mask are both useful improvements for me.
-bob

francishmt

Thanks Bob. I have the C1 V5 on trial, but didn't notice too much of an IQ improvement. I must be missing something.

What is the skin tone color adjustment feature? I know it is there, but don't really know how to use it... same with the focus mask, what is it? Sorry if I am asking newbie questions here.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
IMO, there has been a distinct improvement in sharpening.
The skin tone color adjustment feature as well as the focus mask are both useful improvements for me.
-bob
Ditto to what Bob has brought up besides many small things, the sharpening algorithms are much better. What is scary is they were already very good, I do notice some improvement in noise but have yet to get down to testing it.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Most of this has been mentioned in the other C1 v5 threads, but bottom line is here is what I see:

1) Improved deconvolution algorithms.

2) Improved sharpening algorithms.

3) Improved noise handling.

4) Improved stability.

5) Added features: there are several, but LCC falloff and Skintone Color Editor are two significant ones.

For me, number 1 alone was worth the upgrade, but adding 2, 3, 4 and 5 make it a no-brainer!