The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Using Chrome Space 100 with PS CS3?

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Anyone know how to get the JH Chrome Space 100 working space to show up in CameraRaw CS3? I've been trying to use Bridge CS3, but it's kind of pointless when I can't develop DNGs straight to Chrome Space. I've tried copying the icc files to just about every Adobe, Color, Profiles, Application Support, etc, folder I can find.

Does anyone know if LR is compatible with Chrome Space?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jan you can't do it that is why. Adobe Raw and LR can only work in Prophoto , Adobe 1998 and srgb. What you can do and should do is process in Prophoto and when opening into CS# make it convert to his profile. that is what I do. At least you are already in a large space and 16 bit of course

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Hmm, looks OK in ProPhoto. But I'd prefer Chrome Space, but there seems to be no way to change saturation of a file by assigning profiles. Also, sorry about the endless dumb LR questions, but how do I generate a JPEG from this thing without having to run PS? (I'm using the 30 day trial download.)

It's also somewhat amnesic... I made everything on the photo drive read-only so it wouldn't remove anything in the process, but when it tries to update a file and fails it forgets all changes. So every once in a while all the image edits revert if you don't let it write to the files!

Here's a test snap... looks good. ProPhoto. Cranked up the saturation and vibrance a bit to see more clearly what it looks like. (35/2 IV)

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
LR is really nice though... wish Adobe's store wasn't down for maintenance so I could check if there's a discount if I have PS CS3.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Jan, Adobe Raw in CS3 is exactly the same engine processor as LR so there is no difference there. LR just adds file management and some bells and whistles printing, web and makes galleries . So to process only you don't need it the same functions are in CS3 . If your going to spend the money than CS3 is the best way to go. LR is a option really

900 pixels at the widest point convert to srgb than jpeg under 275 K . Like compression 8

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Here is how you do it, but you have to use CS:

If you want to use Chrome 100 or any other J Holmes profile out of LR or ACR you need to first export the image in a larger space like Prophoto. Then open the file in CS, and do a Convert to Profile and choose Chrome 100 (or other base profile set). Now you can do an Assign profile to obtain the desired saturation variant profile.

This is one of the reasons I use J Holmes Prophoto variants direclty instead of Chrome 100, DC 3 or DC 4 --- it's a one step conversion out of ACR/LR to C with the Prophoto (or Adobe) variants.

Cheers,

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
No price break since I already have PS CS3, they only discount it when bought together.

That makes it totally uninteresting to me, so I'll just stick with C1 Pro.

Jack, I was hoping to avoid the extra conversion.

robsteve

Subscriber
No price break since I already have PS CS3, they only discount it when bought together.

That makes it totally uninteresting to me, so I'll just stick with C1 Pro.

Jack, I was hoping to avoid the extra conversion.
Jan:

If you have a license to RawShooter, they will upgrade you to Lightroom for free. I was a RawShooter user when it was introduced at $59 and was given a registration code for Lightroom by Adobe.

Back in the days of the DMR bible, RawShooter was one of the few converters that supported the DMR, so a few of us bought it.