The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

POLL: C1, LR or PS

Which Raw converter do you prefer?

• Total voters

durrIII

Lets take a Poll
Who uses Capture One?
Who uses Lightroom?
Who uses Photoshop?
Who uses Aperture?
Who uses One and the other?

Last edited:

Don Libby

I use C1 for all my initial work for the P45+ then move over to CS4 for final. I also use Canon Digital Photo Pro for my IR work before moving to CS4.

For me all roads lead to CS4 although they journey began elsewhere.

D

ddk

Always start with each camera's dedicated software and then finish up with CS4. The only times that I use LR is for processing party or event picts that usually come in large batches and don't necessarily need to be tweaked to the nth degree.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Always start with each camera's dedicated software and then finish up with CS4. The only times that I use LR is for processing party or event picts that usually come in large batches and don't necessarily need to be tweaked to the nth degree.
Sounds like the most efficient way, and a sensible advice.
Of course wandering off with other converters is fun from time to time, and for specific tasks.

btw David, you had me make a huggge mistake, i'll send you a PM soon... ;)

Scargos2

I have been using Light Room, but now I am loving Capture 5, but learning is hard ,as there is not much good help on line.

jonoslack

I've been dithering of late, and I use all of these on occasions.

But I always go back to aperture as an all-rounder . . just wish they'd update their camera support more often.

T

TerryTas

C1 for work, Aperture for personal.

C1, get along little doggie, in, out, never to be seen again.

Aperture, import and forget about file handling, a great thing.

Cheers,

Terry

Ralph Eisenberg

I've been using Capture One since v1, and am currently so impressed by v 5 that I now no longer use 3.7.9 . However, I like to keep my options open, and sometimes use Lightroom, or ACR for B&W conversions (often using CO tifs). What I would really like is the possibility to convert from CO to a 'smart object' that opens is PS CS4 and have the ability to tweak my original conversion back in CO, something that is possible with Camera Raw. I rarely use DPP and am reluctant to use Aperture because I am uncomfortable with its UI.

Christopher

For me there is only LR and C1, sometimes PS, but rarely. The main problem with C1 is that it still sucks compared to LR when it comes to speed, sorting, and keeping all images organized. If I had that to do with C1 I would shoot myself. I still don't get it how someone can still use such an ugly and slow interface in 2009. However when it comes to raw converting, C1 beats LR, so my current from is:

RAW --> Lightroom --> RAW --> C1 --> Tiff --> Lightroom

I do as little as possible in C1, because I think that most controls in LR are much better.