The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 5.0.1 is released

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
http://xchange.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO5.aspx

Capture One 5.0.1 includes:
• Metadata improvements including preservation of GPS information
• EIP related improvements
• Additional keyboard shortcuts
• Support for older AMD CPUs
• Improved image quality
o Leaf Aptus II 5,6,7,10, Canon 7D SRaw and Olympus E-P1
• Improved stability and memory handling
• Fixed issue occurring when switching between trial versions of Capture One 5 and Capture
One 5 PRO.
• Focus tool included in Capture One 5 for Windows
• Added camera support
o Panasonic G1, GH1, GF1
o Olympus E-P2
• Other improvements and bug fixes

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but on the updside it seems even more stable AND releases RAM faster :D

Peter Leyenaar

Hello everyone,
I installed Capture one 5.0.1 , I am impressed with the quality and versatility of this software.

Could someone comment on which version to purchase, the regular (cheaper) or the Pro version.

I don't get paid for photography (anymore) , purely amateur or hobby photography.

Thanks

Peter

Henry Goh

Peter,

It depends on which camera(s) you are using and whether you shoot tethered.
Personally, I've been using the Pro version and thoroughly love this converter.

thomas

Yeah, but on the updside it seems even more stable AND releases RAM faster :D
beside some minor bugs stability and speed have not been an issue since 4.7 on my machine. So I don't really care about improvements in this regard (though appreciated).
But local copy/apply, keyboard shortcuts and other workflow improvements speed up things significantly. Of course only if the shortcuts are working.
I'm stunned that such a simple and basic feature is working perfectly and with great responsiveness in a Beta but isn't working anymore in the final release. That's just sloppy work.
I stick with 5.0.1 Beta.

thomas

It works fine here. Could you be more specific?
zoom in jumps to 100% and zoom out to "to fit".
but zoom in should go in steps from "to fit" to 17%, 25%, 33%, 50%, 67%, 100%... and zoom out backwards.

Edit: it's not just a problem of the shortcuts. It's the same when you go to view->viewer zoom->zoom in.
Are you working on Windows? On Windows the commands and shortcuts have been there since the first release of V4...

Last edited:
S

selsoe

zoom in jumps to 100% and zoom out to "to fit".
but zoom in should go in steps from "to fit" to 17%, 25%, 33%, 50%, 67%, 100%... and zoom out backwards.

Edit: it's not just a problem of the shortcuts. It's the same when you go to view->viewer zoom->zoom in.
Are you working on Windows? On Windows the commands and shortcuts have been there since the first release of V4...
I'm on Mac. I see the problem now.

Peter Leyenaar

Peter,

It depends on which camera(s) you are using and whether you shoot tethered.
Personally, I've been using the Pro version and thoroughly love this converter.
Thanks Henry,

I have only Panasonic MFT equipment, G1 GF1 and lenses, I sold all my "heavy" stuff.

I have Aperture (useless for Panasonic MFT) LR 2.6 and using LR 3 beta .

From what I have experienced with C1 v5.0.1 , I like it far better than the previous 2 programs, however, I am not sure that I need the pro version.

Best Regards

Peter

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Wow it's much faster processing and I mean by a lot on my MBP. It counts also. I dropped from 23 seconds to 12 or 13 on full rez files. This is smoking, need someone to confirm.

Henry Goh

Wow it's much faster processing and I mean by a lot on my MBP. It counts also. I dropped from 23 seconds to 12 or 13 on full rez files. This is smoking, need someone to confirm.

Guy,

it is definitely faster. I was very surprised to see the previews coming up so quickly. I think C1 is getting close to ideal. Just need them to finish up SPOTTING tool, better IPTC parsing and I'd be quite happy.

Guy Mancuso

Thanks Henry I thought I was having flashbacks from the 70's . LOL

It's at least 40 percent faster maybe more

Guy Mancuso

New feature on the dust tool you can apply the spot on it BUT now you can actually make the spot bigger or smaller with putting your cursor over the spot and arrow marks show up to enlarge or make smaller. Actually pretty neat