The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 2.0 available for download....

LJL

Folks that are presently using Hasselblad cameras and Phocus software can now download the much anticipated version of 2.0. It looks to have some very nice features, seems faster, and is looking very good.

http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/technical-support/software-downloads.aspx

It is a free download to anybody that registers with Hasselblad, and a nice tool for using to test their files against others. I wish they would consider opening it up to other files for use, like C1 has done in many cases. The Phocus app is a nice piece of software from Hasselblad.

For the record, I have no affiliation with Hasselblad.....just keeping tabs on the various options for image processing ;-)

LJ

fotografz

Folks that are presently using Hasselblad cameras and Phocus software can now download the much anticipated version of 2.0. It looks to have some very nice features, seems faster, and is looking very good.

http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/technical-support/software-downloads.aspx

It is a free download to anybody that registers with Hasselblad, and a nice tool for using to test their files against others. I wish they would consider opening it up to other files for use, like C1 has done in many cases. The Phocus app is a nice piece of software from Hasselblad.

For the record, I have no affiliation with Hasselblad.....just keeping tabs on the various options for image processing ;-)

LJ
One of the chief benefits for my workflow is that Phocus has a kindred relationship to Lightroom which is now my primary "general" processing software. Lightroom 3 Beta is much better and will only get even better when optimized, and issued for real next year.

Now that all the Phocus tool pallets can be moved around, it's allowed me to configure the order and placement similar to Lightroom's layout which I am already very fast at using. I cannot tout this advantage enough. In effect it is like getting good at one software choice.

So far, it seems to be an excellent edition of Phocus. It is fast enough with my current Mac set up, so I can imagine how quick it'll be by upgrading my Graphic's card to their recommended one since I am also running two 30" displays.

Personally, I prefer they keep Phocus proprietary and concentrate on continued improvement of features specific to their cameras and lenses. Retro DAC (Distortion and Chromatic Aberrations) support of every Zeiss V mount lens including out of production F and FE lenses (even Zooms with corrections for specific focal lengths of the zoom), is the kind of attention to detail I prefer they spend their resources on.

-Marc