The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Pincushion distortion from white balance dropper.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Found an interesting little quirk in C1 5.0.1 today and wonder if others have seen this.

I'm using a Mac 10.5.8, P65+ and the new Schneider 80 mm LS lens. When I process a file I can use the white balance eyedropper on my gray card in the picture and it works fine. Later in processing, I go to the lens correction tool and pull down the specific lens and the corrections are made. Everything works as it should.

However, I generally prefer to make lens corrections first because they sometimes influence how I crop. But if do this and then use the WB eyedropper, it induces horrible pincushion distortion!

I'm attaching before and after shots. I have already registered this with Phase One support.

Bill

Last edited: