The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Interactive previewed magic wand tool (implemented as Blender script).

P

paleajed

Herewith EWOCprojects (Eyes Wide Open Creation) proudly presents Venice Mask, a free, open-source image manipulation program intended for the entire image composing community but implemented as a Blender script. A little knowledge of the 3D Blender application is needed to start using this application. Soon I will create a tutorial video that will among other things, explain how to set up Blender. More on this later.

This is an image-masking application. It revolves around a new user-friendly and interactive use of the Photoshop/Gimp magic wand tool. During selection an extensive preview system and on-the-fly interactive parameter adjustment make this tool a lot more natural than these original magic wands. All selection activity is recorded in "selection actions" that can be adjusted later on or combined in different ways non-destructively in a node-based structure.

Beware of this scripts alpha state: it still is buggy but proves to be useable enough to warrant this first release. Now I'd like to here from YOU: what do you (dis)like about Venice Mask, how can I improve, what goes wrong, I'd like to here about bugs, send an accompanying saved file if possible. Do you think there is good use for this kind of program ?

Well, happy masking to you. Many features are still on the to-do list and bugfixreleases will be plenty so keep an eye on the website.

And read the documentation: this is quite a complicated beast so read up or you'll miss out on the projects intracities.

Heres the script:

http://users.telenet.be/EWOCprojects/index.html

You can reach me at:

[email protected]

Some screenies: