The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

which camera will be the best for image processing

D

danmartin

Hi,
which camera will be the best for image processing?Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.
Thanks.

kevinparis

Think you have to define your question a little better. You have asked the equivalent of "whats the best guitar for recording?" or "whats the best food for cooking?"

image processing is a function of software that is done after you take a photo. Given almost any decent camera and a correctly exposed picture the need for further processing is minimal.

If you are going to do major image processing the starting point is having a camera that shoots in RAW.

Beyond that think we need more info from you about what camera you have now and what you are trying to achieve.

K

Don Libby

Way too broad a question without adding more input from you. What’s the purpose; landscape, product (food, jewelry), portrait, wedding, etc. As much as we’d like there’s simply no one fit’s all category. I think the better question might be what software is better however that’s subjective.

Sorry, can’t answer your question without more details.

Cheers

Don

Godfrey

Hi,
which camera will be the best for image processing?Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.
Thanks.
Any camera with a good sensor, accurate meter and shutter, that records raw image files, and on which you fit a quality lens will be the best for image processing.

S

s.nimse6

Hi,
which camera will be the best for image processing?
I want to get image of conveyor, which is in little dark place. i want to see crack or any defect on that rubber sheet. Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.

thanks

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi,
which camera will be the best for image processing?
I want to get image of conveyor, which is in little dark place. i want to see crack or any defect on that rubber sheet. Any idea about this.Please have your suggestions.

thanks
You'll want a camera with extremely high resolution, good long exposure capability, and an extremely sharp (and evenly sharp) lens.

We have a lot of experience with this sort of application. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help point you in the right direction.

The camera that comes to mind immediately is a Phase One IQ260 with a tech camera and a Rodenstock or Schneider lens.