The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture 3 is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinparis

jono

converted E-p1 files still work in Aperture 3

.......and.... drum roll.... I think I may be able to make a similar app for Gf-1 users...for aperture 3.... we will see tomorrow

but right now I have to go cook a thai curry..

shopping, cooking, taking photos and programming

a mans work never ends :)

K

M

matmcdermott

When you get to that GF1 conversion, I have my hand up for wanting to give it a go. Though, at the moment my A3 trial won't import anything at all... :(

ustein

Contributing Editor
sent now 5 trial requests with different browsers and email addresses. Always got empty emails back.

jonoslack

Hi There - some fairly important points which I have been told (I'm still downloading, several months left).

1. the Trial version will not open existing Aperture Libraries
2. you can buy an upgrade license online from the trial version without waiting for the boxed version.

M

matmcdermott

Yes, both of those are true. You also have to move or rename your old copy of Aperture prior to install.

Still trying to figure out why after quitting the trial once I now can't import any images, or even see individual files when navigating to do so. Once I get to the last folder in a sequence of nested folders I just get a blank screen.

REVISED: Can import again after installing the latest update. Yes, there's already an update available.

Last edited:
J

Jamesmd

downloading ,

All day working thinking of this moment , all that waiting

J

Jamesmd

Printing looks much better too , I can't try now

libraies managing is fantastic

The loupe is much much better now

and so much faster !!

Just love it

ustein

Contributing Editor
actually turned out the email from Apple could not be read by my web based email programs.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Apple Releases Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.0
Tuesday February 09, 2010 04:57 PM EST
Written by Eric Slivka
Note: This is a Page 2 News Item

Apple today released Digital Camera Raw Compatibility Update 3.0, bringing compatibility with a number of digital camera models to iPhoto '09 and Apple's new Aperture 3 release.
This update extends RAW image compatibility for Aperture 3 and iPhoto 09 for the following cameras and formats:

- Canon PowerShot S90
- Canon sRAW
- Canon mRAW
- Leica D-LUX 4
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3

The update weighs in at 6.43 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.5.8 or 10.6.2.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/02/09/apple-releases-digital-camera-raw-compatibility-update-3-0/

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1001

jonoslack

would you like to come over for an Absinthe whilst you're waiting?
Hi Cam
Yes Please . . . actually, the download is complete - much more nervewracking is converting my existing library . . it's been at 2% these 20 minutes and more. At one point it said I had 1,487,000 properties, which was cool, but now now it's down to 97,000 . . . that's a lot of properties to lose in 20 minutes:wtf::eek:

Terry

I'm downloading the trial. I have very speedy internet and this is reallllly slow it says I have 17 hours remaining. Another vote for :wtf:

iiiNelson

Mine is asaying that it's going to take 2hrs 45mins but I suspect Apple is throttling the downloads so the systems don't crash. It normally takes 3-5 mins to download 600MB.

Terry

Mine is asaying that it's going to take 2hrs 45mins but I suspect Apple is throttling the downloads so the systems don't crash. It normally takes 3-5 mins to download 600MB.
Mine kept speeding up all the way through the process and finished pretty quickly. Need to have OS completely up to date.

Can anyone comment on the speed of the cloning tool? I've found that with Aperture 2, my mid-'09 MacBook Pro 2.96 Ghz with Crucial 256mb SSD and 4 gb ram goes into the terminal spins after just a few spots cloned. This is with the faster of the two graphics cards selected. I bought the MBPro late last year to take advantage of the faster speed and more efficient operation of Aperture over my MacBook Air (assured by repeated calls to Apple Tech Support) and there is little to no difference in speed.

Also wondering why Aperture 3 can't be used on a pre Intel Mac Power PC G5 as Aperture 2 works fine on mine?

Knorp

I'm downloading the trial. I have very speedy internet and this is reallllly slow it says I have 17 hours remaining. Another vote for :wtf:
Hi there Terry,
I just don't get it: right after ordering the trial version and before you could say "Aperture 3", I had the confirmation email with key in my mailbox.
Started downloading and then about 12 minutes later I was ready to start the installation.
What are you guys complaining about ?
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Being a first time user I have to say it looks fab, but HTF does it work ?
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.