The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CS5 WOW!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I might be able to post some samples soon if I can find them.
Is there anything in particular you might be interested in?
-bob

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
LJ,
please, the beta testers were told not to show those features until tomorrow. :eek:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
CS5 on a Mac: memory and scratch
Now it can take advantage of just about as much memory as you can throw at it.
Performance is hard to evaluate as it seems that there is significant debugging code in the beta that hopefully will not be in the final.
Its performance preference pane now permits setting the memory limit really high, but Adobe suggests that you leave 30% free for other tasks. Scratch files still exist, since I guess there is guarantee that your image will not take up all available memory. I have edited several 4GB plus files and so far, CS5 has yet to touch the scratch volume in my 24GB system. The ability of dealing with large memory allows more cache levels and history states without an apparent performance hit.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
CS5, the old way:
First, here is a typical before and after retouch using CS5, nothing really new was used here, just a test drive to see that the usual stuff is working

-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
That was great so for gear sluts everywhere are credit cards are safe we can just use content aware. Imagine what we want and presto.

KETCH ROSSI

CS5 is definitely a great upgrade and also very welcome the changes in the Video editing apps.

Cudos to Adobe to do what they did with CS5, I was very happy with CS4 but now, true, wow.