The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Styles, A Proof of Concept from Capture Integration

What kinds of styles would you be interested in?

• Black and White (and other Monochromatics)

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • "FX" - dramatically styled looks

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Subtle Color Responses (e.g. different color film looks)

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Skin Tone variations

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Below is an except from our recent blog post containing a free package of Styles for Capture One. Please give us some feedback using the poll above.

Capture Integration Capture One Styles

"One of Capture One’s most powerful features is the styles menu. However, it often gets overlooked because the variety and usefulness of the included styles is somewhat limited, and the method of creating your own style is easy, but not very intuitive or discoverable.

We hate to see our users missing out on powerful features we think they would benefit from, so we are working on a set of styles under our own Capture Integration brand. They will be free and offered without limitations / watermarking etc, though you do need to enter your email address to receive the download link.

Consider this our first pass at an ongoing process. We would love feedback (send to [email protected]) about these styles and what sorts of styles you would find useful in a future version of our styles package."

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Here is the style "screaming". Nice look
I like that. I think for that image the overall style (especially the color) is very suitable but the clarity is a bit high.

An excellent example that these are meant to be starting points. Nothing stopping you from applying screaming as a base and then adjusting from there (e.g. for less clarity).

If you liked the result enough you could even save the modified style as a new style. I'd suggest the names "Clearly Not Screaming", "Out to Munch", or "Obscurely Edvardian". Note that Capture One does have a very sophisticated pun detector - if you're styles aren't named something clever they will not work as well.

Personal Work

fotoism

Doug:
Is this Mac only or a Windows version as well? Also, is it for Pro version or all versions C1?
Thanks.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug:
Is this Mac only or a Windows version as well? Also, is it for Pro version or all versions C1?
Thanks.
Styles are available in Capture One Pro on either mac or PC but if you make them on one they do not transport to the other platform (i.e. you can share styles made on mac with other macs or styles made on a PC with other PCs but not across platforms).

Since the vast majority of our customers are on mac I made this first batch only on the mac. If we get a strong enough response we may make a release on the PC as well. In the meanwhile you can always make your own! :)

Personal Work

kdphotography

Didn't try to install the CI Styles....as I'm on PC.

Waiting patiently for Doug to release the PC version, especially since we know how much Dave Gallagher loves PC workstations....

:D