The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with High Resolution Export

Rawfa

Hi guys,

I'm working on a comic book for the web (using Photoshop CS5) and I'm having trouble exporting it in a way that people can zoom in to read it. The original PS project has A LOT of resolution:
Height 43,18cm per width 27,94
resolution 1000 pixels/inch

Obviously I cannot export a JPEG with that kind of size/resolution...otherwise people will need an eternity to open such a large file.
Does anyone have any idea about a nice size/resolution for the web so that it's readable?

thanks in advance

Rawfa

Thanks, Doug. I've notice that CS5 comes with Zoomify (not sure if it's a trial though) but I don't even know what it is. I'll look into it. If you have any tips it would be great.

Rawfa

I've just tested it and it works perfectly....the thing is it generates a folder full of images and I have no idea how can I make this work on a blog...Any thoughts?

Rawfa

Also I just checked out the size of the files that Zoomify generates...100mb?!?! This is a great tool but it won't work for what I want.