The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

BACK TO CAPTURE ONE 5 PRO?

archiM44

I have been using LR3 since the beta came out with great enthousiasm....BUT
Yesterday I was testing a new Leica lens on my M8 using LR3 and because the results were not as stellar as expected, I ran the file through Capture One 5 Pro. Did this with quite a few exposures, also using other lenses and had to conclude that C1 gets more detail, no CA whereas I could not correct some CA in either LR3 or Camera RAW 6.1.
For convenience and correction possibilities and ease of creating /adjusting camera profiles LR3 is magnificent....BUT!
maurice

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yep. It's pretty much been that way since C1 ver 4.0 -- nothing else generates as technically good or detailed conversion with the cameras supported by C1. At least most of the popular converters are currently quite good, but IMO C1 remains at the top of the heap.