The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where to get LR3 (boxed)?

NotXorc

Because I am purchasing through my state's system, I must get the boxed version of LR3 from a brick and mortar outlet.

A service person with Adobe directed me to this site: http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/education.jsp

However, none of the sellers listed have the product on the shelf (most didn't even have LR2). The big box electronics stores (BestBuy, CompUSA) don't have it, and neither does a local, independent photography retailer. So, nearly half a month after launch, where can it be found local to the Tampa, FL area?
Thanks in advance!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
If you go to the Adobe online store, USUALLY when you get to checkout you have a check-box option to get a DVD copy mailed to you for like an additional $10... Amazon also usually has several vendors offering boxed editions for sale.

NotXorc

Hi Jack, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the purchasing system does not extend to online buying. I'm sure the lion's share of Adobe purchases are via web now, but it shouldn't be quite so difficult to track down in the 'real world'. That would be a LR 'Killer Tip' for me. :)

Maybe this is a pattern for Adobe? Is there usually a two week to month-long lapse between product release and on-shelf availability?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Because I am purchasing through my state's system, I must get the boxed version of LR3 from a brick and mortar outlet.

A service person with Adobe directed me to this site: http://partners.adobe.com/resellerfinder/na/education.jsp

However, none of the sellers listed have the product on the shelf (most didn't even have LR2). The big box electronics stores (BestBuy, CompUSA) don't have it, and neither does a local, independent photography retailer. So, nearly half a month after launch, where can it be found local to the Tampa, FL area?
Thanks in advance!
I would search amazon.com and then see what the vendor names are and search for them on google, call them to see if they have a physical location and will accept orders over the phone.