The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Wacom Intuos with Capture One pro

baxter

I'm trying to set up my A4 Wacom Intuos 3 to speed up my work flow. I wondered who else uses a tablet and what you have found works well in terms of keystrokes/functions for the buttons and touch strips.

I've found that I can map keystrokes to the buttons, but the touchstrips are not working as I'd like. I wanted to use the LH touch strips to scroll and RH one for brush size. Neither perform those functions. Any advice on how to correct this issue is most welcome.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I use an Intuos 4 almost exclusively when processing images (and sometimes even just for reading email, which might be a sickness LOL)
Anyway, I never found the touch strips to be of much use on the Intuos 3. The buttons, however, are a bi better.
My typical usage pattern even now is to use the keyboard with one hand and the tablet with the other.
Thus, the tablet buttons including the pen button become somewhat redundant. I have two pens, one with the switch and one without. I use the one without for drawing exclusively since the buttons get in the way of pen rotation.
The two exceptions are I have set the lowest button to be the "pan/scroll" and the Intuos 4, the wheel is set to auto scroll/zoom and set to the fastest speed. I use the pan/scroll for image viewer navigation and the wheel for moving through the film strip.
Since I use not only my desktop machine but also a laptop, I just found it easier to remember one set of keyboard shortcuts rather than two.
-bob

baxter

Thanks Bob

I'll look at setting up those pan/scroll options. This is a particular bugbear as I found out from a Phase support case that there is no facility to systematically page up/down left and right to inspect the as you can with Photoshop. I use this method to remove dust etc.

I too use a combination of keyboard and tablet, but frequently used keystrokes/functions lend themselves to being programmed to be a single button press on the Wacom.

For Photoshop and now C1, I've programmed tablet buttons with keystrokes for Undo, 100% and Full page. Save isn't relevant and the aforementioned brush and scrolling functions aren't possible.