The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image Conversion

T

tessarac

Hi!
I implement an application that detects objects (robots) represented by LED markers that emit white light. The camera is fixed under the ceiling and "observes" the area where robots with LED markers can move. Camera`s color space is YCbCr.

I would like to convert image given by camera to a greyscale and then process it. My question is to which color space should I convert camera`s color space (YCbCr) in order to later convert it to a greyscale so I can extract most information about white areas represented by LEDs?

Thanks in advance!

M5-Guy

Not quite sure what are saying.... But, I think you can keep the image sRBG and just desaturate the color to -100, as the quickest way... Some software has a dialog to convert to a BW image that allows you adjust the color channels in a simpler way. to achieve a better contrast control.