The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NIK Software Color Efex 64 bit

Braeside

Is that the Aperture version as well? Because I just downloaded the latest Aperture version and it still seems to be ver3.108 (same as before) . Installed it but still only 32 bit in Aperture.

I did however get SilverEffexPro rev1.007 and that is 64 bit - hooray - took ages for them to do this.

I guess they won't bother with Viveza - as they have Viveza 2 now (unless its a free upgrade I am not interested).

Same story with SharpenerPro3 - the upgrade is still 32 bit (ver3.004)

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the heads-up Ken! I wish they would get DFine to 64 bit --- I *LOVE* that NR tool!

Vlad

Awesome, I didn't even get the email yet. Thanks for posting, Silver Efex and Color Efex are my favorite PP tools and 64bit makes it that much sweeter. The performance is up significantly on my MacPro.

kdphotography

thanks for the heads-up Ken! I wish they would get DFine to 64 bit --- I *LOVE* that NR tool!
I probably use Silver Efex and Viveza most and rarely the others---what I really want is to just be able to run everything on 64 bit CS5 and not worry about going back and forth!

Try Topaz Labs Denoise 5, Jack. It's a winner too.....

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I have Topaz, and it's pretty good too, but I still prefer DFine...

Braeside

Managed to get the 64 bit version of Color Effex pro yesterday (for Aperture), It was the UK site that was behind as usual (and twice the price). [I bought from the USA though]