The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture 3.1 Available . . . Oh Yes!

jonoslack

hi there
Still no support for the Sony A33/55 I'm afraid, but beyond that, this 3.1 update seems like a really big deal - on first inspection it's obvious that it's SO much faster.
FWIW it also has (at least some) of the fancy new slide show options from iLife 11

Definitely worth upgrading . . . but be aware, it does update your library, which isn't that quick!

all the best

kevinparis

beware the flickr integration... I was just trying it out and it deleted a whole bunch of my pictures from flickr when I posted an image to an existing set

bummer

jonoslack

beware the flickr integration... I was just trying it out and it deleted a whole bunch of my pictures from flickr when I posted an image to an existing set

bummer
Flickr? wot's flickr?
Okay - thanks for that
It seems to be a great deal faster and slicker - but the import from the ipad still sucks - as far as I can see it insists on creating a new root level project for each day AND each import (read card / camera wotever) (although it does put the pictures where you tell it). I just don't understand why - it means that you have to use the image capture application to move the images from the ipad - and then import into Aperture - either that or you have to shift the pictures project by project (the Crete trip happily created 80 new root level projects!) -

Tread with care I suppose . . . but it still seems much faster - my 75Gb 50,000 shot library converted in less than 1/2 hour too.

all the best