The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW Capture One 6.0 Release

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well downloaded and at first blush it seems okay now. Going to try a couple more things and see if it is working okay.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
6.0.1 seems to be working well.
So far the only thing I notice is a very brief artifact in the viewer window of half pink with diagonal green lines upon selecting a different image in the browser.
Cosmetic only I think.
-bob

<there would be a link in my signature if I had one http://www.example.com>

N

nino loss

Lionel,

With my ATI HD5770 running with the latest 10.12 driver the things remained unchanged regarding OpenCL set to AUTO in C1 6.0.1. I have to set it to NEVER to avoid freezing.

regards

shaya

Guy Mancuso

Guy, you should try enabling OpenCL - it should much smoother.

-Lionel
Thanks Lionel I think it is actually working now on my MBP . My fear was before not enough horsepower but they must have made some improvements as it seems to be working now. BTW can you suggest the correct pixel preview like 1200, 1400 that maybe best or what would make it the correct amount for screen. That is not explained well anywhere if you know that info or anyone else.

thomas

BTW can you suggest the correct pixel preview like 1200, 1400 that maybe best or what would make it the correct amount for screen.
the setting in the preferences defines the resolution of your previews (and also that of the QuickProof-JPGs).
So... set your workspace to your default and zoom the image at size "to fit". Measure the width of the preview... and set this value in the preferences.
For example: my default is the browser placed at the bottom, the tools on the right and the proof margin set to "100"... on a 1920x1200px monitor. With this setup my previews are 997 pixels wide (in 4:3 image format). So my preset is 1000px.

xpixel

6.01 is out:

Bugfixes
In particular, the following issues are addressed:
• Some high ISO image quality issues.
• A number of OpenCL related defects.
• An issue causing auto select to fail during tethered shooting in some cases (Mac).
• An issue with the application hanging when picking a skin tone in the white balance tool.
• A problem always causing crop to be auto selected on the clipboard even when it is not set (Win).
• An auto levels issue – improved version provide less clipping.

In addition the release contains fixes for a number of other issues.

Camera Support
• Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 and DMC-LX3.

lkuhlmann

you can also set a half or a quarter of the resolution. I found there is no meaningful difference (if any) as previews are first generated at full res if you zoom in to 25% (and above).
As Thomas explains it depends on your own preference for quick-jpeg size, as well as the preferred size of images in the Web Contact sheet.

As of 6.0 - when using OpenCL the preview image size is less important for the main viewer, since the raw image data is used to generate previews through the GPU - unless you have a small screen (1024x768) and a P65+.

Pay significantly attention to slider updates shown in 100%.

-Lionel

Guy Mancuso

BTW love to see C1 get support for the new Sony A33,A55 and NEX cams that are real popular right now. Also this is a nice maintenance update running very nicely now. Color me very happy.

N

nino loss

EDIT: Sorry for that post. I just found it again, it's where it was ;-) [Original Post: I didn't notice till now the disappearance of the "save as ICC profile" form the color editor! The associated web based help file still mentions it. I need it! Did move to somewhere else where I can't find it?]

EDIT part2: to my defense I want to add, that all commands "save", "delete"... are in the PRESETS menu on the top right corner of the color editor. SO that's where I was looking for it, and not in the "remove tool" menu next to it. When I couldn't find it, I looked up the online help file which states:
To Save Color Scheme as ICC Pro

1. Adjust all colors to the desired look
2. Press presets and choose Save as ICC Profile
[...]
As you can see, I am not the only one to think that the preset menu would be the place to put that.

regards

nino

thomas

EDIT: Sorry for that post. I just found it again, it's where it was ;-) [Original Post: I didn't notice till now the disappearance of the "save as ICC profile" form the color editor! The associated web based help file still mentions it. I need it! Did move to somewhere else where I can't find it?]

EDIT part2: to my defense I want to add, that all commands "save", "delete"... are in the PRESETS menu on the top right corner of the color editor. SO that's where I was looking for it, and not in the "remove tool" menu next to it. When I couldn't find it, I looked up the online help file which states:

As you can see, I am not the only one to think that the preset menu would be the place to put that.

regards

nino
I am certainly pleased that the "save as ICC profile" is back again at all in V6.0.1. It was missing in V6.0.
It's actually not that bad to put the command in the triangle icon. You can store color edits as "presets" - consequently "save user preset" is located in the presets menu. Or you can save color edits as a new ICC profile, which is actually a different purpose and to me it's fine that the "save as ICC profile" command is located in the "tool"-menu, not in the "preset"-menu.
But actually I don't care where they put the command as long as it is available somewhere :rolleyes:

N

nino loss

I am certainly pleased that the "save as ICC profile" is back again at all in V6.0.1. It was missing in V6.0.[...]
Oh, so I didn't hallucinate! It was missing (for 10 days I used the 6.0.0 version)
But actually I don't care where they put the command as long as it is available somewhere :rolleyes:
yes :)

cam

aaaargh!!! i did it again! lost my JFI Labs b/w profiles, lovely (preset) settings i got in this forum from Jack, and Jamie Roberts' M8 profiles (that i quite like for the M9 as well) :cussing:

if somebody could please tell me where they reside (Mac 10.6.4) so i can retrieve them from my last back-up, i'd greatly appreciate it.

i swear i will print it out and post it to my forehead... thank you!

Last edited:

thomas

yes, i read and understood (and was grateful for) your post... the only problem is, it isn't there.
what is not where?
Your computer doesn't have a folder (user)/library/color sync/profiles?
Or it just does not contain the profiles?
There is another folder in (mac)/library/color sync/profiles.

If you've lost the profiles after upgarding to C1 V6.0.1 it would indicate that you've put the profiles into the application package back then. In this case they are lost (if you've choosen to overwrite or trash the prior version of C1).

What about cmd+F and just search for "icc".
Set "type" to "is" + "different" and type in "icc" again.
This should show you all the icc profiles stored on your computer.