The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom catalog question

dave massolo

When you upgrade to Lightroom 3,are then any steps that have to be taken with the Lightroom 2 catalog before the conversion to LR3? Thanks Dave

When you upgrade to Lightroom 3,are then any steps that have to be taken with the Lightroom 2 catalog before the conversion to LR3? Thanks Dave
No, but it´s obviously a good idea to back it up before the conversion. Converting a large catalogue takes its time, but it´s normally painless..:)

M

Manatee

Just to be absolutely sure...

Using LR3

I want to move (not copy) all catalogs from my mac to an external hard drive in order to keep the mac "clean" .

Is it really that easy as described in the adobe instructions or are there pitfalls?

And will the files really be deleted from the mac after moving or do I have to remove them?

THX
Rob

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Jeff Schewe, in the excellent guide to lightroom 3 video tutorial from Luminous Landscape recommends upgrading from 2 by doing an export catalog from lightroom 2 then opening the new catalog in lightoom 3.

Last edited: