The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silver Efex Pro 2 (now here)

T

tokengirl

Re: Silver Efex Pro 2 soon

Silver Efex Pro is already great software - v2 looks like it has some very worthwhile improvements. I will definitely be upgrading.

mathomas

Super-excited about the release. It is my #1 photo-manipulation package. Why do they have to tempt us then make us wait????

Torture, I say .... Torture!

:cry:

SYGTAFOTO

Awesome!
There are lots of significant improvements.. I'll be looking for a copy when it comes out.

mathomas

Sweet -- thanks for the heads-up. I finally updated to Aperture 3.0, so this will be a doubly-useful upgrade, as I believe it's 64-bit.

T

Trigeek

Website appears to be down. Anyone else having trouble with the Nik Software site?

scho

Upgraded to SE2. Some nice features and new presets. This image shot today with an IR converted G1 and Pentax DA 18-135. Processed in LR3.3 and converted to B&W with the SE2 plugin using the "Fine Art + border" preset.

mathomas

Upgraded to SE2. Some nice features and new presets. This image shot today with an IR converted G1 and Pentax DA 18-135. Processed in LR3.3 and converted to B&W with the SE2 plugin using the "Fine Art + border" preset.

Nice. Very much looking forward to borders. Silly as it may seem, it was my #1 desire.

scho

Nice. Very much looking forward to borders. Silly as it may seem, it was my #1 desire.
Thanks Mike. You will have a lot of preset border options plus customized versions to choose from. This was just the first option in the list.

woodyspedden

Hey Matt

I must be doing something wrong trying to install to LRR 3.3. Version 1 worked great but although the application for SEfx 2.0 shows up in the Nik Software apps folder, editing in LR doesn't work. Neither does Viveza 2.0! In order to process Viveza I am referred to edit in Photoshop 5. Trying to edit in SEfex (the actual command in edit shows Silver Efex 2.0.app) goes through some motions but in the end, nothing happens.

I sent a note to Nik support but they estimate three working days for a response due to the many responses generated by the new software releases.

Any help you can suggest?

Thanks

Woody

zonevt

Woody, I downloaded Silver Efex Pro 2 asking for both Photoshop5 and LR3.2 versions and the software downloaded, executed and works fine in both programs on my MacBook Pro 10.6.6......Tom.

woodyspedden

Woody, I downloaded Silver Efex Pro 2 asking for both Photoshop5 and LR3.2 versions and the software downloaded, executed and works fine in both programs on my MacBook Pro 10.6.6......Tom.
Thanks Tom

I did the same. The installer showed both Photoshop and LR and everything works fine in Photoshop. In Lightroom it seems the plug in was not installed but the app was. So when using the edit command the choices are edit in Photoshop or edit in SEfex 2.0 app. Selecting the Sfex app doesn't work. So I guess I will have to wait for the queue at Nik to get shorter so I can get it working.

Woody

mathomas

Well, color me very disappointed. Silver Efex 2 (SE2) crashes Aperture 3.1.1 on my MacBook Pro every time I try to use it. 64-bit mode, 32-bit mode, different images -- always instantly crashes. I've re-installed it, and rebooted, and it still dies. SE1 still works fine (in 32-bit mode, of course).

Massively bummed.

mathomas

OK, I solved my problem: I de-installed and re-installed SE2, and that seemed to do the trick.

SE2 feels a lot slower than SE1, but the new options are pretty nice! I'll be playing with it quite a bit, I think.