The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Trying to be nice... not easy

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In this country, most software are sold for $3-10 at countless shops across the cities. It's illegal of course, but when Adobe charges 20% more for the majority of their products here than in USA, in a country where most photographers and designers make anything between $400 and 1,000 per month, it's kind of understandable. Paying 1,000s of dollars for software simply isn't sustainable for most.

I try to be nice though, and when I finally decided to install one of the "new generation" image processing tools, I downloaded trial versions from the suppliers of C1, LR and Aperture before I make the buying decision in a couple of weeks. Or at least, that has been my plan so far.

C1 and LR downloaded and installed beautifully. Then came Aperture:

First Name: Jorgen

Last name: Udvang

Organization: epixx

Serial Number: Serial Number?

"The serial number is attached to the Installing Your Software booklet included in your product box." Product box :confused: I downloaded the thing from the internet, from www.apple.com. Internet doesn't come in a box. It comes through a cable that disappears into a hole in the wall! I looked at the outside of the wall too. No booklet.

Is this yet another proof that my brain doesn't work properly :loco: or is Apple playing games with me?

Yes, I did check the box that the computer came in. That serial number is not it :angry: Does anybody have a clue what I've done wrong, or should I just buy a hacked version for $5 tomorrow morning?

Knorp

I'd expect you had the serial number sent by email to you ... :confused:
OTOH $5 is tempting, though.

All the best.

Knorp

Found this on the Apple site, perhaps it will help.

To get a fully functional copy of Aperture 3 for your Mac, enter your name and email address in the box to the right. You’ll receive an email with a link to download Aperture 3 and a serial number for activation. The free trial will expire 30 days after you open the application for the first time.

Already using the Aperture Trial?
If you download the current version of the Aperture Trial, you'll receive Aperture 3.0.3. If you downloaded a previous version of the Aperture trial, you can simply use Software Update on your Mac to update it to Aperture 3.0.3. You can also download the trial again to get the newest version, but the 30-day period of the trial will continue from the original date of first usage.