The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Newbie, just bought GX100 what software should I use PS Elements?

N

notnormal1969

hi there....

just joined today, not much photographic experience but loads using s/w (20yrs).

purchased a GX100 and wondered which s/w package i should get, friend recommended Photoshop Elements? all I will initially want to do is maybe crop/cut images down to size and make B&W.

have any of experienced photo people got any recommendations as they would be much appreciated! also can anyone recommend a good book/dummies guide to taking photographs/digital photography? i appreciate this is a huge area, but I am looking for something to get me started and allows me to develop my skills.

btw, really beautiful photographs on this site! one of my inspirations for my GX purchase today

kr,
richard

Joan

Hi Richard, welcome aboard and congrats on your new GX100. I've just been getting some advice about software and post processing here:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2436
Most of the GX100 folks here do shoot raw and post process ... perhaps also going over to the Small Sensor forum and reading the GX100 threads and asking there will give you some more info. I'd say work on learning the camera and what it can do by reading the manual and practicing is the first step. And a lot of people recommend Scott Kelby's digital photography books for newbies, as well as Understanding Exposure by Bryan Petersen.

There are many people here who can give you tips and help, so post some shots when you're ready. :)