The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Crop Tool in C1 Pro

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This might have been discussed, sorry if that's the case. I love C1 Pro but have the darndest time with the crop tool. In every other type of software, to maintain the original aspect ratio when shrinking a bounding box or cropping, one simply holds the shift key while click/dragging the corner control point. I can't seem to figure out how to do that in C1 Pro. All of the built in crop ratios are mostly useless to me.

Anyone know what the trick is to maintain the original aspect ratio when cropping?

Thanks!
Tim

Terry

This doesn't fully answer the question and would be slow but you can set custom aspect ratios. Use the aspect ratio drop down and there is a choice to add or delete aspect ratios.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Terri. I did try that and it works, but it's a bit clugey if you're processing from multiple cameras/formats.

Maybe this is something I need to provide as input for the next version. It is ubiquitous with the exception of C1Pro and so becomes awkward and counter-intuitive. But at least I know I'm not missing the obvious!

Thanks again.
Tim