The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need Help to Move my LR2 Library

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I need to move about 2500 images that I have processed in LR2 to my external drive. In the past I have been able to do this by locating the first image in a folder and the entire folder would be reindexed by LR. I have not been able to do this in LR2..only one image at a time is identified. I have tried a select all then locate with no luck. any ideas?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Essentially solved. Option click on folder..moved 2500 in a few seconds. In LR 1 you could just find the first image in the folder and it would run the deck for you.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Yes wish I would have known this when I moved my files before..it took 1/2 day moving one folder at a time. This was like moving all your 2007 images at once....not actually moving them just giving Lr the information to locate them on another drive. I really enjoy LR2 ..the new dodge and burn tools make cleaning up an image a snap. Its getting close and certainly exceeds my skills for post processing .