The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Spyder 3 Pro monitor calibration?

gurtch

Not sure where to post this, but here goes:
I have a new PC. I run two monitors. Monitor 1 is a Samsung SyncMaster 931B. Monitor 2 is a cheap used uncalibrated monitor, a Philips Btilliance 150P3. Control Panel correctly identifies monitor 1 as a Syncmaster 931B, and number 2 as a Philips. When I try to calibrate #1, Spyder gives me a choice of "Generic PnP 1", or Syncmaster. I have to choose Generic PnP, to calibrtate it. If I select Syncmaster, spyder thinks that is the cheap Philips, and jumps to that screen. I have calibrated monitor 1 using "Generic PnP-1", but feel I may be losing some performance not using the mfg's driver. Can anyone help? I did download the latest digital Syncmaster driver and installed it. Spyder tech people said swap plugs on back of PC. No help.:confused:
Thanks
Dave
Beach Haven, NJ USA