what are my research areas for image processing project?
For my final year project I'm doing a vehicle detail modification system. the system should be able to these following tasks. I'm using a size image of a vehicle taken from a fixed distance lets say from 5m. and different colors and rim images are stored I'm my application, that is is the basic idea.
- detect the tire and the alloy rim of the vehicle
- detect and measure the rim size of the installed rim
- apply a new alloy rim to the vehicle ( embed or put the alloy rim on top of the original image haven't decided yet)
- change color of the vehicle body
- apply tint colors to the vehicle windows
so what would be my research areas for this project? what should i be aware of? can you guys please help me out?
i know i need to be using Photogrammetry techniques for the measurement of the wheels.
Re: what are my research areas for image processing project?
For a software project? Basic DSP topics; convolution and correlation in particular. Machine vision. I'd also recommend basic understanding of the laplace transform and analysis in the s-domain. Not because it's essential to image processing and machine vision, but because most of what goes on with convolution and fourier transforms is a subset of it.
Tags for this Thread