The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

to add photo borders or not?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks Joe.

Regarding borders - on the web, sure. I think that a mat around the image and some annotation helps with presentation online. For run of the mill stuff I don't bother though.

Prints? Just an expansion of the canvas of the image to make it an option to sign and mat vs sign on the mat. Definitely no fake printed mat though - just the real thing.

Hosermage

I use the same LR/Mogrify2 plugin that Joe mentioned as an export option in Lightroom. I find that showing the EXIF data is just handy for sharing images in forums.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
At the risk of violating "club rules", I'd like to offer the GetDPI community a new version (v0.9.5) of my (free) framing script - FrameShop - for CS5 and CS6.

Helping fellow photographers with scripts like this is my way of giving back to a community that has given me so much. I don't derive any income from this effort. It's a labor of love. Enjoy!

Joe
Just spent the day working with FrameShop and I love it. You will see more of my pictures with it as I learn to use it.

Thank you so much Joe!

Regards,

Bob

D

Deleted member 7792

Nice examples Joe.

As an aside can I ask which typeface you used for the captions?

Steve
Thanks Steve. I think the fonts I used were Papyrus for the EXIF and title, and Satisfaction for the signature:

Joe

turtle

I print everything with a border, always.

For websites, I just use white backgrounds so the images still sit nicely. Were I doing some sort of 'gallery sales' type website (which I don't) I would use a very simple and standardised border. Prob a grey background to the site and white border to each image (rather like a mount). Like this: Roman Loranc Photographs - New Images

Personally, I'm not a fan of faux mounts, borders or frames, but can see why others like them.