The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

substitute one color for another C1Pro6

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello all,

In a recent shoot, the model is sitting on an exercise ball, against a white background, The ball is green and she wants that changed to red.

C1Pro6 selects the entire range of the green ball beautifully, but I can't see how to change the selected color to red. I have Aperture, and CS Ps4 as well, if these are easier to use.

TIA, KL

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Using the Color Editor > Advanced Tab
With the Pick Color Correction Tool (The only tool available in that Tab), click in the color you would like to change - Then use the Hue rotation. You will not be able to rotate through the entire spectrum so rotate to the max in one direction if you do not achieve your desired color, then repeat the process; click in the area with the Pick Color Correction Tool again then rotate some more. There are ways to refine your selection before you rotate and saturation and lightness help as you change the hue to help you get to your desired color.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Keep the smoothness slider to maximum (30) to help prevent banding/artifacts from these large changes.

This sort of dramatic color change will work in C1, but you may find in many situation this dramatic is best left to Photoshop.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)