The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

LR 3.5 RC and ACR 6.5 ACR are out

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
Sweet. Installing it now. Wish I had an IQ180 back to test this with ;)
IQ180 is not listed as a supported camera, only the IQ160/140. the IQ180 files do work in LR now, but results aren't the best most of the time, and some backs show the sensor stitching artifacts more than others.

But I"ll load it up ... maybe they've improved the 180 support, just don't think it's as good as it needs to be.

etrigan63

I have some IQ180 files and the open correctly. I haven't had time to do a side-by-side comparo but I will be on it shortly.

M

madmanchan

The public RC has preliminary 180 support in that you can read the files and process them. However, I am still working on tuning for color and other calibration aspects that I hope will be ready for the final 6.5/3.5 release. This is why the 180 is not listed in the official release notes as one of the supported cameras. Please treat this as a work in progress.

Tim Ernst

Eric - I was really surprised to be able to open and process my IQ180 files since early JUNE via ACR and they looked OK (in fact, looked great - I was only shooting ISO 35 though). Obviously that was not official, even undocumented, but it was great to be able to use ACR with this back and I'm looking forward to official support (I've never warmed up to Capture One).

I've heard that Phase One backs create a dark slide exposure for every shot no matter what the shutter speed - even those shorter than one second - but that ACR is not able to use this data and so the RAW file is more noisy at all ISOs when using ACR vs. Capture One. (this includes all Phase backs, not just the new ones I assume) I wonder if 6.5 will be able to take advantage of this?