The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 6.3 & lion: works now but Queue won't produce images!

faneuil

did full clean uninstall and install of CO 6.3 onto mac lion (as per Capture Integration website)
repaired priorities as well
C1 works well except queue will not process files at all -- just stalls out.
help - deadline later this week!

Eric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
HOw are you doing the queue? If you select say 10 images and hit CMD-D, it stalls? Or are you saying if you start hitting CMD-D on 10 individual frames as the first is processing it stalls. There was a recent 6.3.1 update, but I have not loaded it yet.

faneuil

stalls on both ways.
Looks like it wants to start processing the first image, but then "little pie clock" next to image show about 1/8 then locks. Processing time rockets up for a bit to like 20 min and then stops changing as well. Quitting sometimes works, sometimes I have to force a quit.
C1 was always a little kludgey for me for recent update and lion is a bear..

Wish I could capture directly into LR. but I do love some of C1 tools (say keystone adjust)
but..C1 does get the colors just 'right' out of camera!..i digress

HOw are you doing the queue? If you select say 10 images and hit CMD-D, it stalls? Or are you saying if you start hitting CMD-D on 10 individual frames as the first is processing it stalls. There was a recent 6.3.1 update, but I have not loaded it yet.

etrump

Remove the whole program and reinstall. I had the same problem and that fixed it. Any problems on a new install I dump the lot and start over. Most of the time it fixes it.

I wish p1 would fix the crop tool. It's been broken since 6 came out.

faneuil

I've done several complete uninstalls and reinstalls following the detailed directions on capture integration's website.. any bits and pieces I'm not removing?

would be nice if P1 issued a 'deinstaller' to automate the cleanup.
C1 is tough enough to learn all it's ins and outs w/o all the instability..

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and you know to hold the option key in the GO folder to find your now hidden Lion user library to remove those user C1 folders; and you deleted all of the .cop files?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
One last question -- did you re-boot Lion after deleting all of the files, and before you reloaded C1? I recommend doing two reboots and clearing the trash on each one after the C1 deletions and before the reload. If you did all that, I'd email Doug Peterson.

faneuil

ok - you got me there.
will dry a heavy duty clean out tonight.

thought I bought mac to avoid all this! :)
but still happier than PC days

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Not certain it will work, but OSX does some weird auto-save stuff to save us from ourselves. Often deletes are not permanent until you reboot.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You've been miserable for a full day now. Why haven't you spoken to your dealer?

They are there to help you solve problems like this with minimum hassle. If I were your dealer I'd be offering to screen share with you and solve this for you asap.

Capture One is not a "broken" program - you just have an issue with it on your machine which can almost surely be quickly resolved by a knowledgable dealer.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

faneuil

thanks Doug, but C1 6.3.1 running Lion currently is somewhat 'broken' -- the phase one forums are full of similar issues including this one.

Eric

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
For thread and post integrity, I am going to move this to the Image Processing forum.

faneuil

thanks for the head's up Jack.
hooking up via screen share with Capture Integration today and will report back.

cheers,
Eric

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
thanks Doug, but C1 6.3.1 running Lion currently is somewhat 'broken' -- the phase one forums are full of similar issues including this one.
I can confirm C1 6.3.1 on his computer is indeed behaving badly.

I would argue a bit with the use of "full" in this case. I counted three people on the forums who had this issue and it's a bit of a mystery as of right now what is causing their problem (specific hardware seems the most likely culprit). For all the laptops/desktops that we've tested on it's working great.

I've collected log files and system profiles from his machine (with his permission of course) to send to Phase to help them determine the issue.

It all goes back to our golden rule of not updating mission critical software or your operating system until you're ready to make a complete bootable backup (making it a cinche to un-update if needed) and to test your system after updating.

http://www.captureintegration.com/2011/09/07/capture-one-6-3-lion-support/

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

Masters Series Workshop:
New England Landscape - Fall Color (Oct 5-8)

faneuil

Doug-

I do retract my use of the description of forums "full"..just a bit overexcited to find others were having a similar issue. (as in "Dang! I'm not crazy after all!")

Much thanks for your time working on this issue.
Look forward to a fix from Phase.

cheers,
Eric