The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Warning for Lion-CO users

The latest update of Lion does not allow anymore the correct use of the brush in the local adjustment panel (the mouse arrow only is visible).
The issue has been brought to the attention of CO staff and is already under investigation.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
The latest update of Lion does not allow anymore the correct use of the brush in the local adjustment panel (the mouse arrow only is visible).
The issue has been brought to the attention of CO staff and is already under investigation.
I am running 10.7.2 and see the brush well as it affects the mask.
What part of the display is missing for you?
thanks
-bob

I cannot see the size of the brush, only the arrow is shown

"The 10.7.2 update for Lion seems to have broken something with variable cursor tools (things like local brush sizes and spot).

We are looking into the issue and will update here as soon as we know more.
James
Phase One Support DK
JamesJ
Phase One Staff"

But apparently the problem has now been identified and fixed and the fix will be implemented into the next release.

"This is now fixed and will be implemented in the next release.
James
Phase One Support DK"

Ario

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
well I may have never seen it or at least noticed it. I see only its effect. LOL
I really wish P1 used the same brush dynamics and sizing features as photoshop.
The dynamic control-option drag is what is missed most.
-bob

John Black

Having the same problem on a Macbook Pro w. 10.7.2 and C1 6.3.1. This is a new problem and not sure which update caused the problem. Cursor stays as an arrow regardless of what mode is selected (i.e. - hand, crop, dust bunny fix mode, etc). Not sure if my Mac Pro has the same issue; traveling this week.

Wayne Fox

Workshop Member
a real PITA for those that bought an iPhone 4s.

A very odd thing to break. the brush tool cursor is pretty poorly designed anyway but i'll admit it's better than just the arrow.

The rumor is that this is a graphics card compatibility issue, not really a C1 issue. If you open Photoshop or Lightroom, I'm guessing you will see the same thing.

The rumor is that this is a graphics card compatibility issue, not really a C1 issue. If you open Photoshop or Lightroom, I'm guessing you will see the same thing.
I do not have any problem either in LR 3.5 or in CS5, only in Capture One.
Furthermore somebody from CO Staff in the CO User Forum has arleady announced the the solution has been found and the fix will be implemented in the next release of Capture One.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I do not have any problem either in LR 3.5 or in CS5, only in Capture One.
Furthermore somebody from CO Staff in the CO User Forum has arleady announced the the solution has been found and the fix will be implemented in the next release of Capture One.
There is no excuse for it and also no excuse for not seeing the issue prior to update release since it seemed to go bad about two weeks before the end of the 10.7.2 stream of developer seeds which I presume Phase One is monitoring.
Through several releases of OSX in combination with various releases of both PS and LR I have seen that Adobe has had no need to update their product due to OSX release because some key part of its functionality had broken.
I am assuming by this behavior that C1 has their own sort of graphics library that is fragile with respect to graphics driver changes. Graphics drivers were tweaked by Apple as part of 10.7.2. As much as I love to use C1, I am too frequestly surprised at its fragility.
-bob

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Through several releases of OSX in combination with various releases of both PS and LR I have seen that Adobe has had no need to update their product due to OSX release because some key part of its functionality had broken.
Guess you never tried to tether with LightRoom in the early days of the public release of 10.7? :)