The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Opinions wanted: topaz plugin for aperture

Jim DE

I currently have PS CS5 and Aperture 3 on my MAC. I rarely use CS5 but luv my aperture 3 editing. I recently saw some shots where Topaz plug ins were used on a photo and really made the photo's pop.

Anyone using the Topaz bundle plug ins with Aperture 3? If so do you like the results? I tried adding PT Lens plug in to my Aperture 3 and found the process so complex that I never was successful in installing it to Aperture 3 are the Topaz plug ins tough to install as well? Never had a problem installing plug ins to Photoshop.

N

NoWin

A3 user (iMac 27", 12G ram, OSX 10.6, 64-bit mode)

Topaz bundle installs easy. Download - open dmg. Install the Fusion 2 FIRST

Then install the bundle

This places the plug-ins in your "Edit with Plug-in" selector Menu bar > Photo > Edit with Plugin or

Ctrl click a photo > EDit with Plugin.

Topaz will apply and save the effects and stack the image with the Master.

My thought is you may have placed the PTLens plugin in the wrong folder:

~/Library/application Support/Aperture/Plug-ins/Edit

The Topaz will install (usually) at the root (System) level Application Support, rather than the User (~) Library path.

/eddie