The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightzone appears to be out of business

bbodine9

It appears that Lightzone is no longer in business. No website links or forums are available. It seemed to have potential at one time but never progressed.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it died -- just could not get traction for whatever reason. Their editing concept was great though.

ustein

Contributing Editor
too bad. I asked them to make their tools available as Photoshop plugins and that may have worked.

D

Doug Pardee

LightZone is now UNDEAD

Announcement:

The LightZombie Project is an unofficial, volunteer, open-source project to try to keep LightZone usable for current licensees. We have updated Raw for new camera models, links for re-downloading the LZ install packages, instructions on recovering a lost license key, a blog, a user forum, a Twitter feed, ...

What we can't do is issue new licenses. We're very serious, though, about supporting current LightZone licensees to whatever extent possible.

http://lightzombie.org/

bbodine9

Re: Lightzone appears to be out of business - NOT!!

Posted yesterday:

Submitted by tex on Sat, 06/15/2013 - 11:14
Today, June 15, 2013, marks an extraordinary event here at the LightZone Project. The new, free, open source V4.0 of LightZone for Windows goes live today. Follow the new link in the block in the left sidebar for the download package. Please read all the text BEFORE you download. The Linux version should be following along shortly (some glitches popped up this week), and the Mac Beta Test will also start as soon as one key defect (defect=bug we know about ;-* ) has been rectified. More...
Note that I have moved some things around on the page and etc. to reflect the new status of the older, archived versions. We no longer recommend that you download these older versions.
There will be another few changes forthcoming involving a consolidation of the RAW profiling instructions. The new versions of the software will all contain the latest RAW profiles we have ready, but the latest of those are now 5 months old. As soon as we get the Linux Version published and the Mac Beta completed and the Mac version published, we will probably turn towards working on new RAW profiles and maybe some maintenance point releases having to do with any lingering performance issues.
I want you to please join with me in congratulating the Dev team for the superb and selfless job they have done in resurrecting our favorite photo editing software. I will be adding to the "About" page to give due credit to all of them and their sometimes heroic efforts. I want to especially single out Doug Pardee, without whom we would never have gotten to the point where the Dev Team cavalry arrived to save us pioneers from extinction during our lonely travails in the wilderness. You our members are also to be congratulated for your faith and patience in this project, which you can now see paying off. A great day for all of us!
Please bear with me as I continue to develop the webpage (slowly, unfortunately) so that it is worthy of this unusual accomplishment.
Yours truly and humbly,
tex andrews