The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

6.3.1 freezing on 10.7.2

Joe

Was doing fine with 6.2.2, and then 6.3. Upgraded snow leopard to 10.7.2 and did well for a couple of days. Worked a little with the sharpening panel today ...... Not really ... I just clicked on the sharpening panel , and it has been SPOD ever since.
Trashed com.phaseone prefs, erased default C1folder, ran applejack, tried 6.2.2, 6.3, & 6.3.1 ..... And submitted a support request ..... 8 "business hour" response time for DB owners. PO Support lists hours as 1-5pm Eastern, so I hope for a reply by Wednesday ... .... Or maybe 6.4?

Any defrosting tricks out there?

jlm

Workshop Member
been playing around with 6.3 myself, could not get it to see my back when tethered...did see it once, but i'm not sure why it went away. set the back to storage/firewire, plugged mbp with CI supplied cable with C1 running. worked for one shot after a few attempts. C1 was not seeing the back, back was saying no storage device available. on one occasion, back would not go back to the cf card, even when selected and cable unplugged, had to pull battery.

what exactly is the protocol for hooking up tethered?

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Procedure is pretty much as Guy says. It's pretty bullet proof and straight forward. Even the order in which you do it doesn't really matter; if C1 is running and the back is on and connected by firewire it should "just work".

Most common cause of problems is the computer not providing sufficient firewire voltage in which case the solution is simply to change the back to run off battery power so it's not reliant on the voltage of the firewire cable.

A few other more obscure problems can be found here but they are pretty rare/specific:
http://www.captureintegration.com/2008/09/09/the-ideal-tethered-setup/