The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

PLEASE HELP. Cant Open My Files in LR

rollsman44

I just purchased a Mamiya 645 AFD11 and Leaf Aptus 22 back. I took some test shots and tried to open them in LR but message " Unknown Error occurred.
the image has the following number : L_006642.mos
I am NOT familiar with this name( mos)
My other problem is I tried to download Capture 1 6.0 Pro But my Mac OSX is not updated to accept the download. How can I get my Mac updayed to ;ater version? ( FREE ???) or do I have to pay for it? and how do I do it?
I have version : OSX 10.4.11 and need at least 10.6.8 . Thank you. I waited so long to get my MFD camera and now I cant View any images. Thank you, rollsman

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Your Mac OS version 10.4.11 is now 6.5 years old. As far as Operating Systems go this is ancient. Depending on how old your Mac is I'd recommend 10.6 or 10.7. That would allow you to load Capture One 6.

If you run your raw files through the free Leaf Raw Convertor you should have no problem opening them in LightRoom. You can also change the compression setting on the back and you'd be able to use LightRoom without the Leaf Raw Convertor.

I don't know why you'd post this here rather than just email me :). You purchased your back from us for a reason; we are here for you!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

Head of Technical Services, Capture Integration
Phase One Partner of the Year
Leaf, Leica, Cambo, Arca Swiss, Canon, Apple, Profoto, Broncolor, Eizo & More

National: 877.217.9870 *| *Cell: 740.707.2183
Newsletter | RSS Feed
Buy Capture One 6 at 10% off

weinschela

Subscriber Member
Yes, you are going to have to pay to upgrade OSX unless you are saying you want something for nothing. My advice there is to see if you can get to 10.6 something but not 10.7 as I am guessing if your OS is that old that you are running powerpc applications. They will not run in 10.7. As for your Mamiya files, I am not familiar with the raw format used but check to see that ACR inside LR is capable of processing those files.

rollsman44

I tried to download Leaf Raw Converter 1.2.6 but could not. It requires a 10.5 version I have 10.4 version. Is there another version I can try? I will upgrade to 10.5 hopefully by next week. Thanks
I am going to try Aperature 2 in the meantime. ( frustating)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Yes, Aperture 2 is a good path for now.

But 10.5 and an Intel based mac are really your best long term plans. Even an entry level Mac Mini with 4gb will do ok with Aptus 22 files in C1 as long as you don't open too many programs at once. Though a mid-range iMac would be ideal if you can stretch your budget that direction.

rollsman44

Hi Doug, thank you again. I have trying to download the next version above the 10.4 that I have BUT it would not allow me to do so. I will keep trying to resolve this Problem. I am trying to be patient and NOT get frustated. Thanks again, rollsman

Godfrey

What model Apple computer do you have?

- Most Apple PowerPC-based systems capable of running Lightroom can run up to Mac OS X v10.5 "Leopard". All PowerPC-based Apple systems were discontinued by the end of 2006.

- Mac OS X v10.6 "Snow Leopard" requires an Intel-based Apple computer. Intel based systems (MacBook Pro, iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro) were introduced in 2006.

- Mac OS X v10.7 "Lion" requires an Intel-Core Duo 2-based Apple computer. Intel-Core Duo 2-based systems were introduced in late 2006 on some models, early 2007 for the rest.

You can find out what model Apple computer you have by choosing the Apple menu item, "About this Mac ..." command, then clicking the "More Info" button. That brings up the System Profiler application (System Information in Lion). The first line of the Hardware section tells you the name of the system, and the Processor Name item will tell you what cpu chip it has.

Once a new version of Mac OS X is released, Apple typically discontinues sales of the older version. If you're updating from a system as old as v10.4.11, I'd recommend making an appointment at an Apple Store and talking to someone at the Genius Bar for help in determining and obtaining the right operating system upgrade for your system.

rollsman44

Hi Godfrey, thank you. I have a Power Mac G5 Model 7.2, CPU 2, Power PC 970(2.2) That what I get . You recommend I go to Apple Store and go to Genius Bar to find the right OS for me. I will. Thank you so much. Rollsman