The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Onone Suite 6 Plug In

K

Khatsalano

I have had the Onone Suite 6 for about two weeks. Love the programs in the suite but on my new up to date fast dedicated to photography computer Onone Suite 6 is slow and does crash. A few days ago Onone came out with 6.0.2 version which I hoped would improve things. No, got worse, the 6.0.2 would not install, it seems to have wiped off all the Suite 6 program files. So I said o.k. I will re-install, but I could not re install from the cd.

Anyone else using Onone Suite 6 and having a bad experience. I put in, a week ago,:) a request to the Onone tech department but evidently they are gone till after New Years.

archiM44

I have also installed the 6.0.2 version and have no problems.
iMac with 4gb memory running osx 10.6.8
Did find it somewhat slower using it from aperture.
Try downloading from the onone site since you have a license.

K

Khatsalano

I am running Onone on Windows 7 thru Lightroom 3. I will try your tip of trying to download from the Onone site, did not realize that I can do that with my license. Will post results this evening. My son who is in I.T. also will be coming by this evening to take a look see.
Thanks

K

Khatsalano

My son with many years experience in these thing confirmed the .0.2 download was knocking off suite 6 and he also could not get the suite 6 to reinstall either thru my cd or download from their site..

Late last night I spent a lot of time messing with it and finally got the Onone Suite 6 to reinstall and work. Unfortunately programs are still very slow, and a bit buggy. This morning Onone tech sent me what appears to be generic instructions. We will wait to see if they can really do anything for me after they return next week. I am afraid to try and download the .0.2 versions as it more than likely will blow everything sky high again. They did admit they are having problems with the .0.2 version download.

Programs are wonderful but the Suite 6 for me has been a lot of aggrevation.
As far as support I hope I have only gotten caught in a Christmas Holidays time warp and that their tech service next week will turn out to be a pleasant surprise and get me solved.

barry685

I purchased 6.02 recently had no issues installing it. However it does crash and is very slow.
I spoke with tech support and they said that my graphics (which is built into the motherboard) was not good enough, even though the specs of the built in graphics meet their specifications.
Which is 256 mb dedicated video memory and opengl 2.0 or above. So I decided it can't hurt to try a dedicated graphics card (which I will be receiving tomorrow), so I will let you know if it makes a difference. My Pc is only 6 months old I7 2600 cpu with 16gb ram.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
If this suite keeps crashing, why are people so enamored of it? I am using the Nik plug ins and they are very stable by the way. I also use Onone's Perfect Resize and it too has been stable (Mac OS X 10.7.2).

barry685

I have installed a Geoforce GT 520 with 2mb ram. I have not used Perfect suite to extensively yet, but so far the performance has increased significantly and I have not crashed.

K

Khatsalano

Thank you for the replies of some time ago. I am back in town after an extended time.
I was about to purchase a stand alone video card but hated to spend $100 or more just to make a Onone plug in work. The upgrade to ONone Suite came out and I decided to see if that helped.The 6.1 issue would not install, I then deleted Suite 6 and tried to download a 6.1 trail and the 6.1 trail would not download. I have Vista 7 with a fast computer. The Suite 6 itself was a problem to download in the beginning back in Nov. It now will not reinstall from the cd... I get belated emails from onone that help not at all. They have been impossible to reach by phone. To answer Weinschela question we are enamored of Suite 6 because the programs, especially the Resize, are so good. I have found in actual use the Onone Suite is more aggravating than it is worth, and customer service has not helped and is hard to get an answer. So far my for me Onone is not customer friendly either in using or in the help department. I welcome anymore thoughts. Anyone else having downloading and other problems. All other programs install with no problems including all nik plugins, Lightroom 3 and 4, PS 5 & 6 beta.

K

Khatsalano

I purchased a new video card (nvidia geforce gtx 550 ti- model name gv-n550d5-1g1.
The card seems to be doing the job, sliders and other things seem to be working in way they should. I used Resize 7 in the suite and up resized a d800 file 200 percent and it came out well. It did take 9 minutes to re size but it had lots of work to do and probably the largest rezize most of us would ever need from a 36 mb file.

If you purchase the Onone Suite make sure your video card will handle or plan to replace with a better one or you may have to return the Onone Suite.

I ordered the card from Walmart as they would allow me to return in 15 days if it did not work out well. It cost $114 plus $7 tax. I like the Onone suite 6 so I was willing to expend an extra $120 that I had not planned on to make the suite work.

Thanks for everones input.