The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Where are the profiles?

Ben Rubinstein

The DNG profile editor has been with us for a while but I'm yet to see the big names release profiles for sale which will solve the canon facial tones. Heck, I've not heard of any profiles being released at all other than the Adobe ones which if anything made things worse.

Am I missing something or is it all quiet on that front? Personally I'd love my 5D colours to look like those out of the D700...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just a suspicion, but maybe they are waiting to build them for the new body...

Ben Rubinstein

Nah, that doesn't make sense, there's a whole lineup that needs work on, who is it that makes the custom profiles for C1? I keep forgetting the name. I'd pay good money for profiles that gave me decent skin tones out of my 5D's, it would save me a significant amount of time at PP and with wedding shooting as you can imagine it's important to get the faces right and you are shooting under very varied and mixed lighting constantly.