The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Aperture and .rw2 files

dmabry2010

Hello!

My new GX-1, which is the first 4/3 I have purchased, produces .rw2 raw files. While this file format works fine on Lightroom, I cannot find a way for them to work with Aperture 3. The error message is "Unsupported Image Format".

I have upgraded Mac OS, Aperture 3 and the Aperture 3 raw update download, to yet still no avail. Also, I have searched this forum, as well as Google.

Obviously, I am missing something.

Would some have a suggestion?

Thank you,

-- dmabry2010

carl-b

Hi
I have just looked at the supported camera RAW list for aperture 3 and your camera is not on the list.
So you will need to either wait for the update to include support for your camera.
Or use the supplied software for basic RAW editing, then export as a TIFF and then open that in aperture.
Or finally, convert your RAW to DNG with the free adobe DNG converter, then open that in aperture :)

B

BCMielke

Apple sometimes takes awhile to support some cameras. I ran into a very long wait for my LX3. Hopefully the GX-1 will be quicker.

dmabry2010

Thank you both for your insight.

Well, the good news in this exercise is my iMac is completely current!

I do have LR3, so I am able to process the files. I like the idea of converting to another RAW format, as I was previously just converting to JPG and importing into Aperture.

Thank you again,

dmabry2010