The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 Devil Eyes

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

Trying to make a go of C1 again. Couple of issues I'm having. One is devil eyes. For some reason even with the flatest processing, the veins in eyes are 'popping' in comparison to LR processing. Although the reds and oranges as well as tonality and contrast/shadow rendition are far superior throughout the rest of the image, they are making the veins in the eye too prominent. Any ideas?

Note, using linear curve not the film based one whose colour I loathe on my 5Dc.

Last edited:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Without posting sample images it's hard to comment...

It's sort of like "I've got a tune stuck in my head, can you help me figure out it's name? It goes duh duh de da do, doo da de". :)

Ben Rubinstein

Solved Doug, thanks. The profile for the 5D is awful. I've had a look through applying other profiles and it's making a big difference.

Problem with showing comparison images between two different raw converters is that it's so incredibly difficult or even impossible to equalise them. Glad I didn't have to try and prove my point that way. I'm sure you know Doug that unless you share the RAW files and the setting used, all of them, it's impossible to find out what is the culprit. In this case the profile.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Problem with showing comparison images between two different raw converters is that it's so incredibly difficult or even impossible to equalise them. Glad I didn't have to try and prove my point that way. I'm sure you know Doug that unless you share the RAW files and the setting used, all of them, it's impossible to find out what is the culprit. In this case the profile.
Yep. EIP is great for those situations.