The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 and after cal. using spectra view screen is all black

My monitor is a NEC 2690wuxi2 (Mac Pro) and after loading Lion V10.7.2 everything looked and ran fine until I ran a monitor color calibration using SpectraView (V1.1.03 build 090828) at which time everything, that is normally white, became black and any text in the white areas became unreadable. I noticed that my version of Spectra View is not the latest so I attempted to download the most recent version but was unable to do so because the screen was so unreadable. Is this a known issue between Spectra View and Lion?

Last edited:
Original poster here.

Played with it a bit (went back to a previous calibration file) and got it looking normal again via the Mac preferences/monitor icon (have no idea how). I immediately downloaded the latest version of Spectra View (V1.1.09-1) but don't have the stomach to try a color calibration of the monitor until I find out if Spectra View and Lion 10.7.2 have issues. All of my other software is current.

Paul

Last edited:
Original poster again.

Thank you very much Godfrey. Your supplied links indicate that SpectraView is being blocked by Lion from writing its calibration file to the default location.

The solution (also per the links) is to open the SpectraView preferences file, go to the ICC tab and change the "Storage Location" to "Per user of this computer"

In the latest version of SpectraView (V1.1.09-1) the "Storage Location" parameter was already set to "Per user of this computer" and was greyed out and could not be modified.

Perhaps the latest version of SpectraView has already addressed the problem???

My Mac Pro is set to do a weekly Carbon Copy Cloner image backup tomorrow, so I will wait until that happens and then try a calibration.

Paul

Original Poster Here

Ran a monitor calibration today (Jan 30, 2012) using Lion (V10.7.2) & the latest version of Spectraview (V1.1.09-1) without incident. SpectraView and Lion seem to be compatible.

Paul