The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon Histogram & LR 3 Histogram

N

no1bossman

Hi,

I'm a Canon 7D shooter. I've set my in camera histogram to be displayed in brightness mode. I also have my camera colour space set to sRGB.

I shoot & then look at my histogram briefly to make sure there isn't any clipping & that my exposure looks good.

When I import my RAW file to LR 3 my histogram is usually either a half or a full-stop underexposed - tending to the left of the histogram.

I know what I see on my camera display is going to be different from the JPEG preview using a different colour space vs. the much larger ProPhoto RGB colour space that LR uses.

What do other shooters out there do? Do they generally always shoot one-stop over exposed to compensate for the difference?

Just wondering really as I'm a very much a get it right in the camera person which trying to minimise the time in post.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited: