The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Batch HDR in photoshop

Pierrard

Hello,

Before you point out photoshop has a built-in HDR script, I know - I've tried it, and personally don't like the results.

I've already written scripts for various settings of HDR after the files have been collected into a single photoshop document as layers.

What I'd like now is to be able to get a script that tells photoshop to open a single file in Camera RAW three times (at +1, 0, -1 EV) and layer them darkest to lightest (top layer to bottom layer).

Is this possible, or will I have to make the exposures manually?

Thanks for your time!

PS: I know there's a lot of hype about HDR on both sides, and I've seen some terribly overblown attempts - all I want to do with this is see if I like the results I can get. I just don't want to spend five minutes to make the basis of a single HDR image, especially if I've got a large workload, or if these will be the basis for a panoramic image, requiring further processing.