The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

software/program that can automate tasks

T

Tarun Kumar

I actually want to automate some tasks such as cropping(not just rectangular) , making background(not the whole photo) darker etc.Actually I just want more advanced thing.

consider a situation " I have 1000 photographs of models with different pose , angle etc. I want to make the color of the lips red in all photographs whenever I see that the dress wore by the model is reddish .if the dress is black make the eye color black. if these criteria are not met , do nothing".

Another example " I have another set of 1000 photographs. I just want to crop each face from each photograph .if a photo has 3 faces they should be cropped . if it has 5 then all 5. it should not crop legs or other parts ".

Is there any program that exists already ? if it doesn't , How about making such a software.I know it's not an easy task !! but how to proceed for that. Can image processing libraries like Magick++ help in making such software ? Also how much time it will take if it is made from scratch(of course using libraries) ? 6 months? 1 year? or more?