The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CS3 reset Tiff options on save as

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Need help folks , working a huge project and when i go to save as and rename file save as a tiff the Tiff options come up and it is stuck on zip and I want none. How the heck do you reset this . Trying to create a action and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to reset these options. Do i dump the cache or preferences or what. Make my day i have 2000 images to do like this and I am losing about 6 hours in time

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
What is your file size?
I forget the limits, but that might be a cause. PS often just greys out what it can't do, such as saving as jpeg when mode is 16 bit.
-bob

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Guy,
I cant make it happen.
If you restart ps and then make a new blank file of about that size, then do you get more tiff options?
-bob

Guy Mancuso

No nothing tried a bunch of things just like that. Funny that worked with a new file but it won't repeat on my files still goes to zip. I think I may have a the answer I converted these original from color to B&w made adjustment than saved from jpeg to tiff and on that action I may have made the zip mistake. i would have to redo that original action and run these 300 images over again.

S**T

Guy Mancuso

jack sent me a action but not his fault did not work must be how i did it originally. Will have to redo it and see

Guy Mancuso

Yup I made the dumb mistake on the original convert the file from jpeg to Tiff. My bad

Thanks for the help. I will fix it from the start

Ben Rubinstein

Yeah, save as preferences are saved in an action. I kinda count on it actually!

You not using CS4 yet Guy? (not relevant to this, just wondering).

Guy Mancuso

Not yet Ben waiting to finish this project first, don't want to take any chance on down time. Even though it can run seperate